Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with echo and cut
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with echo and cut Post 302878642 by RudiC on Saturday 7th of December 2013 04:39:21 PM
Old 12-07-2013
Yoda is right, there are better ways to achieve what you want, but setting IFS to "," and getting the cut command right will make your code snippet fly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

`echo` problem.

Have the following lines in a script: echo "-----------------------------------------------"\ "---------------------" >> $xdfrpt echo "- Date - - / - /stand - /u - /u1 - /u2 -"\ "/x1 - /x2 - /x3 -" >> $xdfrpt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

Hi, I have given the following statement in a script to put the values of variables (VAR1, VAR2,...) in a file. echo " $VAR1 $VAR2 $VAR3 $VAR4 $VAR5" >> filename But the output is not coming properly. Variables VAR5, VAR4 are replacing the first (VAR1, VAR2,..). I can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

echo "XXXXX" >> /xx/output.txt cat /xx/file.txt| awk '{tony=tony+$1+$2; print tony/$3*100}' >> /xx/output.txt Dear all, In this situation i will have 2 lines in the output file. What i want is to have only one output line. e.g: XXXXX "value" HOW to put the output of the "cat and awk" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo $ problem

Hi I am using tcsh. I want display in a file_1 like this. $VARIBALE I gave in a termianl > echo "\$VARIBALE" > file_1 Its not workning. It was giving VARIBALE: Undefined variable. I gave \ before $, but why it was giving undefined varible? Please help me. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing output from echo & cut into variable

Hi All, Hope someone can advise here as I have been struggling to find a syntax that works here. I have tried a stack of combination I have seed in the forums but I think because I have needed to use "" and `` in the statments another method is found. I am reading in lines with the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo *

Hello all, Please help with the below. I have a requirement where in I have to read a pattern and print it as shown below. Patterns will be as below. Input Output Pattern Should be printed as below with spaces such that I can awk. -*--* - * - - * *--**... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the set rr='echo string|cut not working

I am new to the c shell script, can you let me know why the set rr= is not working. C shell script #! /bin/csh Set tt= 12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr='echo $tt | cut –d”_” -f1' syntax error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice using cut & echo combination commands

Hi, I am cutting data from a fixed length test file and then writing out a new record using the echo command, the problem I have is how to stop multiple spaces from being written to the output file as a single space. Example: cat filea | while read line do field1=`echo $line | cut -c1-2` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

hi all i have little problem below is my shell script a=`sqlplus fss_cst/fss_cst@dolp1 << EOF SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF TRIMOUT ON; select process from lfs$ta_process where valid_to_dat=to_date('9/16/2010','mm/dd/yyyy'); EOF` echo ${SQL} the script name is test2.sh when i execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple echo problem

Hey all! I'm in an intro to UNIX class at university, and we've just began writing scripts. Naturally I can't get it to do what I want. Basic script as follows: COMPARE1=`ls|wc -l` tar czf archive.tgz ~/path/to/file COMPARE2=`tar tvzf archive.tgz|wc -l` if then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickzourdos
7 Replies
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB) 		    mediaLib Library Functions			   mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S - signal pre-emphasizing SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions applies the preemphasizer to one signal packet and updates the filter states. For monaural signals, the following equation is used: dst[i] = src[i] - alpha*src[i - 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-1] = 0. For stereo signals, the following equation is used: dst[2*i] = src[2*i] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1)] dst[2*i + 1] = src[2*i + 1] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1) + 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-2] = src[-1] = 0. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: dst Destination signal array. src Source signal array. filter Internal filter structure. n Number of samples in the source signal array. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalEmphasizeFree_S16_S16(3MLIB), mlib_SignalEmphasizeInit_S16_S16(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)