Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connect to my Linux network remotely? Post 302878631 by sas on Saturday 7th of December 2013 01:06:26 PM
Old 12-07-2013
Network Connect to my Linux network remotely?

Have -
-3 HP Proliant G4P servers - Debian (wheezy)
-3 RaspPI's - Raspian
-Unmanaged switch that all 6 can ssh into each other with via eth0
-Router (w wifi and 5 ports) - on eth1 of the three G4p's of protocol dhcp

Want:
To let the six servers, in my basement run, since the HPs are loudSmilie, and get into my 6 server network via a laptop/tablet that's OS independent (Win, Chrome, Linux) via ssh or see the full windowx remote desktop of any of the 6 servers via the comforts of anywhere in my house through only a mere Laptop/tablet with a wifi connection?

Googling of course spins my head (I'm a data science guy not network eng) and I wonder what I need to do.

Openvpn seems to come up on many google searches....what's this about? Wrong approach?

fwiw, this is a home-based-research-lab I'm setting up (Hadoop, R, etc).

All advice, FAQ's, blogs, links to sites with great 101's on this matter are appreciatedSmilie

Have a great weekend all!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connect: Network is unreachable

I am running RH7.3 on a compaq presario box. The network card is a Linksys one. I am only able to communicate with the local network (only the local IPs are accessible). When I try to ping another box I get a "Connect: Network is unreachable" message. What could be the problem. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Cannot connect to rest of network/internet

I have a solaris 9 system that cannot get to the internet and cannot ping outside of the router. I can ping any other system on this campus but when i try to ping any other system outside of the campus im on i get unreachable. Here is the systems info: ip: 10.241.3.254 subnet: 255.254.0.0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
7 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to connect to a Network disk using SAMBA

Hi, I have a network disk that runs windows xp embedded. It doesnt support NFS. But Samba is supported. How do i connect to it through solaris 9. What are the steps required. I have the IP address of the drive. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to remotely connect to server using ssh

Hi, I am trying to run the below command in perl but when the perl script is executed it prompts a error message saying " ssh: <username>: Name or service not known ". Not able to understand this as this command runs perfectly on the server prompt. ` ssh <username>@pus4026dev df -k >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: be2sp1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect remotely to a unix machine

Hello, I am connecting on a machine equiped with Unix, via SSH Secure Shell. On this machine I am running a script and I would like this script to be able to connect to another (Unix) machine to run a different process. In other words: when I am connected on a machine, how can I execute a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can AnyOne Help Me (connect two network)

Hi.. I have problem about connecting two network. First let me tell about my project. I use Quagga to build up IPv6 Island Network. At first, i build one (1) PC Router or one (1) network, i call it as Network A. All PC's or Laptop's (node's) that connect to Network A can communicated to each other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lieyza
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Cannot connect to network in Solaris 11

I want to install Solaris 11 Express on my x86 system. I'm facing network driver problems. I've 3 network cards: 1. Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection In Device Driver Utility, This device is displayed as Ethernet controller, Driver is UNK and its highlighted in RED. 2. Belkin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: choudharypranay
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify a network device before trying to connect to it?

Hello all, Here is the explanation of my problem: I have a cronjob that connects to a NAS to do backups from my laptop to this NAS device. The script that I wrote does check if there is a host (the NAS) responding on 192.168.1.10 and tries to connect to it with the following command: mount -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Could not connect to wireless network

I run lubuntu from usb (try lubuntu, it's not install on my pc ) And i try to connect to network I see the network name And i put the pass But it's not connect.. I tried to open hot spot on my phone and try to connect and it's not connect I have edumax n150 Try to install new driver -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popcoern
0 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)