Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Similar systems - different communication speed Post 302878561 by migurus on Friday 6th of December 2013 07:20:37 PM
Old 12-06-2013
Similar systems - different communication speed

Two companies have a dedicated T1 between their offices,
at company A there is one OSR 5.0.7 system (A1),
at company B there are two OSR 5.0.7 (B1 and B2) and one OSR 5.0.6 (B3).

The A1, B1 and B2 are the same HP ML380s, the B3 is older HP h/w

There is a ftp-based data exchange established between system at A and all three systems at B.

The speed between A1 / B1 and A1 / B2 is around 55 Kbytes/s; the speed between A1 and B3 is around 220 Kbytes/s.

The routing scheme at company B is the same on all three boxes. The B2 and B3 are on the same subnet, B1 is on another subnet. The load on B3 is actually the highest of those three at company B.

I can't understand how is the older and fully loaded system achieves 3 times higher speed.

What should I check and tweak to ensure all three systems from B would get the same 200+ Kbytes/s speed?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial communication

This isn't really a unix question, or even a programming question, but I hope you guys can help. I want to create a program to control the electricity on a model railway. I have created the program to that it sends characters over the serial cable, but now I need to do the switch that will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. Solaris

help on network communication

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Communication over firewall

Hey GUys, Once again I run in to problem and I am here for ur help. I have two sun(solaris) box on company LAN. One Unix Box is behind the firewall and the other one is Outside the firewall. The thing i need to do is remote display a graphic on Unix box outside the firewall to the Unixbox... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interprocess Communication

Hiya Everybody just joined, Not sure if this is the right section:o I require abit of an assistance with IPC! I know there are different types of IPC porcesses like signals, semaphores, mutexes, shared memory, message queues, pipes and sockets. Now say a system has a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.I.Joe
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies
cfspeed(3C)															       cfspeed(3C)

NAME
cfgetospeed(), cfsetospeed(), cfgetispeed(), cfsetispeed() - tty baud rate functions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These functions set and get the input and output speed codes in the termios structure referenced by termios_p. The termios structure con- tains these speed codes representing input and output baud rates as well as other terminal related parameters. Setting the parameters on a terminal file does not become effective until is successfully called. returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the output speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. The speed code for a baud rate of zero, is used to termi- nate the connection. If is specified, the modem control lines are no longer asserted, which normally discon- nects the line. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the input speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. RETURN VALUE
returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. and return zero upon successful completion. Otherwise, they return -1 and set to indicate the error. ERRORS
and fail when the following condition is encountered: [EINVAL] The value of speed is outside the range of possible speed codes as specified in WARNINGS
and can be used to set speed codes in the termios structure that are not supported by the terminal hardware. SEE ALSO
tcattribute(3C), thread_safety(5), termio(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
cfspeed(3C)