Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String? Post 302878552 by mrm5102 on Friday 6th of December 2013 05:52:49 PM
Old 12-06-2013
Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys,

I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database.

What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email".

So in Pseudo basically this:
*I know this isn't correct, but just so you have an idea of what I'm trying to do...
Code:
SELECT * from db.MyDatabase where COLUMN_NAMES like "%Email%"

So basically I want to see ANY column that contains the word "Email"...

Is this possible? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated, I am by no means a Database Admin and barley a novice, I really only know what I learned back in college...

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select only those file names whose name contains only numbers

Hi Guru's, Before writing to this forum I have searched extensively on this forum about my problem. I have to write a shell script which takes out only those file names from the given directory which contains only numbers. For example, In the given directory these files are present: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spranm
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing string in a column on a specific line

hi, i currently have a file with columns similar to this customer name owed CID123 John 300 CID342 harry 500 at present i use use awk to find the amount owed by the customer using the customer ID (CID). if the customer spends more money how would i go about using sed/awk etc to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a string from a specific column in a file

Hello, A basic query. How can I remove a string from a specific column. For example, remove "abcd" just from column 2 in example file: abcd abcd1 abcd abcd2 abcd abcd3 to get output: abcd 1 abcd 2 abcd 3 Thank you!:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all, I have a string that looks like: #!/bin/sh options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc" My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete column with exact string in specific col

Hi, my file structur looks like File structure looks: GeneID protein_gi Symbol 1246500 10954455 repA1 1246501 10954457 repA2 1246502 10954458 leuA But some of the cases do not have record for protein id. for example: 1343044 - orf01 I want to remove those rows. But I tried awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific column range in a non-delimited file with a string!

Hi All, I will need an help with respect to replacing a range of columns on a non-delimited file using a particular string pattern. Say file input is MYNUMBERD000000-BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYAREDSDD000000+BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYDERFFFSD00000-GIR PENT - ACH ** ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change some string in specific column with space

Hello All of Master Script , i need help to solve my problem before : mount /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE1 ufs mount /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE2 ufs expected : mount /dev/dsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /PURGE1 ufs mount ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k0p0nkkk
3 Replies
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::LimitDialects(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::LimitDialects(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::LimitDialects - SQL::Abstract::Limit-like functionality for DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DESCRIPTION
This module replicates a lot of the functionality originally found in SQL::Abstract::Limit. While simple limits would work as-is, the more complex dialects that require e.g. subqueries could not be reliably implemented without taking full advantage of the metadata locked within DBIx::Class::ResultSource classes. After reimplementation of close to 80% of the SQL::Abstract::Limit functionality it was deemed more practical to simply make an independent DBIx::Class-specific limit-dialect provider. SQL LIMIT DIALECTS
Note that the actual implementations listed below never use "*" literally. Instead proper re-aliasing of selectors and order criteria is done, so that the limit dialect are safe to use on joined resultsets with clashing column names. Currently the provided dialects are: LimitOffset SELECT ... LIMIT $limit OFFSET $offset Supported by PostgreSQL and SQLite LimitXY SELECT ... LIMIT $offset $limit Supported by MySQL and any SQL::Statement based DBD RowNumberOver SELECT * FROM ( SELECT *, ROW_NUMBER() OVER( ORDER BY ... ) AS RNO__ROW__INDEX FROM ( SELECT ... ) ) WHERE RNO__ROW__INDEX BETWEEN ($offset+1) AND ($limit+$offset) ANSI standard Limit/Offset implementation. Supported by DB2 and MSSQL >= 2005. SkipFirst SELECT SKIP $offset FIRST $limit * FROM ... Suported by Informix, almost like LimitOffset. According to SQL::Abstract::Limit "... SKIP $offset LIMIT $limit ..." is also supported. FirstSkip SELECT FIRST $limit SKIP $offset * FROM ... Supported by Firebird/Interbase, reverse of SkipFirst. According to SQL::Abstract::Limit "... ROWS $limit TO $offset ..." is also supported. RowNum Depending on the resultset attributes one of: SELECT * FROM ( SELECT *, ROWNUM rownum__index FROM ( SELECT ... ) WHERE ROWNUM <= ($limit+$offset) ) WHERE rownum__index >= ($offset+1) or SELECT * FROM ( SELECT *, ROWNUM rownum__index FROM ( SELECT ... ) ) WHERE rownum__index BETWEEN ($offset+1) AND ($limit+$offset) or SELECT * FROM ( SELECT ... ) WHERE ROWNUM <= ($limit+1) Supported by Oracle. Top SELECT * FROM SELECT TOP $limit FROM ( SELECT TOP $limit FROM ( SELECT TOP ($limit+$offset) ... ) ORDER BY $reversed_original_order ) ORDER BY $original_order Unreliable Top-based implementation, supported by MSSQL < 2005. CAVEAT Due to its implementation, this limit dialect returns incorrect results when $limit+$offset > total amount of rows in the resultset. FetchFirst SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM ... ) ORDER BY $reversed_original_order FETCH FIRST $limit ROWS ONLY ) ORDER BY $original_order FETCH FIRST $limit ROWS ONLY ) Unreliable FetchFirst-based implementation, supported by IBM DB2 <= V5R3. CAVEAT Due to its implementation, this limit dialect returns incorrect results when $limit+$offset > total amount of rows in the resultset. GenericSubQ SELECT * FROM ( SELECT ... ) WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $original_table cnt WHERE cnt.id < $original_table.id ) BETWEEN $offset AND ($offset+$rows-1) This is the most evil limit "dialect" (more of a hack) for really stupid databases. It works by ordering the set by some unique column, and calculating the amount of rows that have a less-er value (thus emulating a "RowNum"-like index). Of course this implies the set can only be ordered by a single unique column. Also note that this technique can be and often is excruciatingly slow. You may have much better luck using "software_limit" in DBIx::Class::ResultSet instead. Currently used by Sybase ASE, due to lack of any other option. AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-22 DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::LimitDialects(3)