Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String? Post 302878552 by mrm5102 on Friday 6th of December 2013 05:52:49 PM
Old 12-06-2013
Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys,

I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database.

What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email".

So in Pseudo basically this:
*I know this isn't correct, but just so you have an idea of what I'm trying to do...
Code:
SELECT * from db.MyDatabase where COLUMN_NAMES like "%Email%"

So basically I want to see ANY column that contains the word "Email"...

Is this possible? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated, I am by no means a Database Admin and barley a novice, I really only know what I learned back in college...

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select only those file names whose name contains only numbers

Hi Guru's, Before writing to this forum I have searched extensively on this forum about my problem. I have to write a shell script which takes out only those file names from the given directory which contains only numbers. For example, In the given directory these files are present: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spranm
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing string in a column on a specific line

hi, i currently have a file with columns similar to this customer name owed CID123 John 300 CID342 harry 500 at present i use use awk to find the amount owed by the customer using the customer ID (CID). if the customer spends more money how would i go about using sed/awk etc to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a string from a specific column in a file

Hello, A basic query. How can I remove a string from a specific column. For example, remove "abcd" just from column 2 in example file: abcd abcd1 abcd abcd2 abcd abcd3 to get output: abcd 1 abcd 2 abcd 3 Thank you!:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all, I have a string that looks like: #!/bin/sh options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc" My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete column with exact string in specific col

Hi, my file structur looks like File structure looks: GeneID protein_gi Symbol 1246500 10954455 repA1 1246501 10954457 repA2 1246502 10954458 leuA But some of the cases do not have record for protein id. for example: 1343044 - orf01 I want to remove those rows. But I tried awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitra
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific column range in a non-delimited file with a string!

Hi All, I will need an help with respect to replacing a range of columns on a non-delimited file using a particular string pattern. Say file input is MYNUMBERD000000-BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYAREDSDD000000+BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYDERFFFSD00000-GIR PENT - ACH ** ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change some string in specific column with space

Hello All of Master Script , i need help to solve my problem before : mount /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE1 ufs mount /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t70d0s6 /vol/cl123/PURGE2 ufs expected : mount /dev/dsk/c1t69d0s6 /dev/rdsk/c1t69d0s6 /PURGE1 ufs mount ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k0p0nkkk
3 Replies
grass-odbc(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						grass-odbc(1grass)

NAME
grass-odbc - ODBC driver ODBC driver ODBC driver in GRASS Communication between GRASS and ODBC database for attribute management: | GRASS module | | ODBC Interface | | RDBMS | GRASS | DBMI driver | unixODBC | ODBC driver | PostgreSQL | Oracle | ... Supported SQL commands All SQL commands supported by ODBC. Operators available in conditions All SQL operators supported by ODBC. EXAMPLE
In this example we copy the dbf file of a SHAPE map into ODBC, then connect GRASS to the ODBC DBMS. Usually the table will be already present in the DBMS. Configure ODBC driver for selected database (manually or with 'ODBCConfig'). ODBC drivers are defined in /etc/odbcinst.ini. Here is example: [PostgreSQL] Description = ODBC for PostgreSQL Driver = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so Setup = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so FileUsage = 1 Create DSN (data source name). The DSN is used as database name in db.* modules. Then DSN must be defined in $HOME/.odbc.ini (for this user only) or in /etc/odbc.ini for (for all users) [watch out for the database name which appears twice and also for the PostgreSQL protocol version]. Omit blanks at the beginning of lines: [grass6test] Description = PostgreSQL Driver = PostgreSQL Trace = No TraceFile = Database = grass6test Servername = localhost UserName = neteler Password = Port = 5432 Protocol = 8.0 ReadOnly = No RowVersioning = No ShowSystemTables = No ShowOidColumn = No FakeOidIndex = No ConnSettings = Configuration of an DSN without GUI is described on http://www.unixodbc.org/odbcinst.html, but odbc.ini and .odbc.ini may be created by the 'ODBCConfig' tool. You can easily view your DSN structure by 'DataManager'. Con- figuration with GUI is described on http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/ To find out about your PostgreSQL protocol, run: psql -V Now create a new database if not yet existing: db.createdb driver=odbc database=grass6test Now store the table 'mytable.dbf' (here: in current directory) into PostgreSQL through ODBC: db.connect driver=odbc database=grass6test db.copy from_driver=dbf from_database=./ from_table=mytable to_driver=odbc to_database=grass6test to_table=mytable Next link map to attribute table (now the ODBC table is used, not the dbf file): v.db.connect map=mytable.shp table=mytable key=ID database=grass6test driver=odbc v.db.connect -p Finally a test: Here we should see the table columns (if the ODBC connection works): db.tables -p db.columns table=mytable Now the table name 'mytable' should appear. Doesn't work? Check with 'isql ' if the ODBC-PostgreSQL connection is really established. Note that you can also connect mySQL, Oracle etc. through ODBC to GRASS. You can also check the vector map itself concerning a current link to a table: v.db.connect -p mytable.shp which should print the database connection through ODBC to the defined RDBMS. SEE ALSO
db.connect, v.db.connect, unixODBC web site, SQL support in GRASS GIS Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-odbc(1grass)