Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Post 302878523 by DGPickett on Friday 6th of December 2013 01:24:31 PM
Old 12-06-2013

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

2. Linux

Howto compile my own module into the kernel

Hi there, I'm currently writing a program/module which makes use of the Linux Security Modules (LSM), which provide hooks for some security . The bad thing about it is: The function to set the hook to the LSM is not exported. That means, I can't just write a loadable kernel module, but have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS vs Solaris 10

Hello, I am considering Ubuntu 10.04 (ubuntu-10.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso) and also Solaris 10 (sol-10-u10-ga2-x86-dvd.iso) for different hardware applications and I had a few questions. The hardware on my laptop is: HP Pavilion dv4 2045-dx x64 laptop AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

GUI for a single user using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I setup an Ubuntu 10.04 server which has several developers on the box. I have been ask to add a gui to the server. Only one developer want the gui to start when she logs in(runlevel 2 with a GUI). I am used to seeing an /etc/inittab file which I cannot seem to find under this Ubuntu version. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I come across the following error while configuring glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS:"These critical programs are missing or too old: ld". Please suggest me a solution for the same at the earliest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_2012
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Emacs printing with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I am trying to setup a development environment that mirrors my Windows and SCO Unix systems. I use emacs and I am having trouble printing. I keep getting the error message; Symbol's function definition is void: default-printer-name I have googled this and for possible answers for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
0 Replies
LDBDEL(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							 LDBDEL(1)

NAME
ldbdel - Command-line program for deleting LDB records SYNOPSIS
ldbdel [-h] [-H LDB-URL] [dn] [...] DESCRIPTION
ldbdel deletes records from an ldb(3) database. It deletes the records identified by the dn's specified on the command-line. ldbdel uses either the database that is specified with the -H option or the database specified by the LDB_URL environment variable. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(3) for details. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ldb(3), ldbmodify, ldbadd, ldif(5) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell[1]. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. ldbdel was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Andrew Tridgell http://samba.org/~tridge/ [FIXME: source] 04/19/2012 LDBDEL(1)