Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Output of sed command to another sed command Post 302878229 by RudiC on Thursday 5th of December 2013 06:43:08 AM
Old 12-05-2013
Insert a space beween ' and <.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep output as input for sed command

Hi, I would like to know if this is possible, and if so what can i do to make this work. I would like to grep a line X from fileA and then use the output to replace a word Y in fileB. grep "line X" fileA | sed -e 's/Y/X/g' > outfile this statement does not work, as i do not know how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works from cmd line to standard output but will not write to file

Hi all .... vexing problem here ... I am using sed to replace some special characters in a .txt file: sed -e 's/_<ED>_/_355_/g;s/_<F3>_/_363_/g;s/_<E1>_/_341_/g' filename.txt This command replaces <ED> with í , <F3> with ó and <E1> with á. When I run the command to standard output, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crumplecrap
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with file output awk sed command - please

Hi I have a file that contains lines starting with a particular string plus a Colon: I need to output all these lines but only what comes after the colon Can you pelase assist? Example of lines in the file: com.ubs.f35.cashequities/cashequities: 1 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormality while piping tr command output to sed

i have a file seperated each line seperated by newline. For example alpha beta gamma i am trying to replace the newlines to "," but dont want , present at the end of the line so i am trying the below one liner . but not sure whats wrong but its not working cat myfile | tr -s '\n' ',' | sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a value to the output after using sed command?

Hi All, I have a file where I am converting newlines to comma separated values but I would like to append zero if the output is empty Here is the command I am using sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' test1.txt test1.txt will have comma seperated values but sometimes this file can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Passing the Output of grep to sed command - to find and replace a string in a file.

I have a file example.txt as follows :SomeTextGoesHere $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818I need to automatically update the date (20140818) in the above file, by getting the new date as argument, using a shell script. (It would even be better if I could pass... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not getting the right output

Hello. Ive spent probably a hour on this problem, and cant figure it out. Let me explain the problem. I run head -n5 datasets/q13data.txt and get this : $$001011<-:::$$<-::: ' GreenWHITE<-::3.1415<-:::"BLACK fubar<-:::phi<-:::foochi $$$Yellow->:::'<-:::VOIDTue taochi->::$->:::Blue"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jozo95
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command is saving output as blank file

Hi, I am working on a script where I am adding adding colors to few of the info in the output. Now , after that is done , I see colour codes in log files which I don't want to see.:mad::mad::mad::mad: So , I tried using sed command in script as below which gives me o/p (new.log) as blank file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dream4649
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Command Output

I want to know how this command output will be sed 's/^"\(.*\)"$/\1/' <filename> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
3 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)