Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create multiple users using expect.? Post 302878162 by blackrageous on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 06:24:53 PM
Old 12-04-2013
See if you have the command newusers on the target o/s. It's in some versions of linux like redhat. It allows creation of users using a file. I would try ssh without expect if that is available to you.
This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to create users on HP UX????

I new to unix and I'm using a HP UX and I'm logging in as user: root. I wish to create new users by using the 'useradd' command. When I keyed in' useradd -u 101 -g group john', the reply was 'Group group specified with -g does not exist'. I've read the man page on useradd and I still don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mascotlee
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users

Hi , i would like to create a new user over unix ,which are these commands to used and which are the directories to handler? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we create multiple users with same UID?

* Can we create multiple users with same UID? * Can we give root permissions to normal user like admin.s ? If YES give me full details (syntax of sudo/RBAC) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using expect to switch users in a script

hi, I need to switch users in a script I'm newbee to expect I wrote two files 1 sudo.exp, since su4098 is used as root in my laptop #!/usr/bin/expect spawn su su4098 expect *Password:* send mypsw\n interact 2 test.sh ls ./sudo.exp tcpdump -i wlan0 su esolve ls however, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintin
1 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project