Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with reading and calling a command in a script Post 302878150 by blackrageous on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 05:06:13 PM
Old 12-04-2013
You can do this in one script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading command output from shell script

Hi List, How to read the output of a command executed from a script. For ex. sample_scritp.sh ------------- useradd testuser1 password testuser1 .... ..... -------------- This prompts for "password", and "confirm password", for which i need to give the values from script. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri b
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sub-script in a command while

Hi, I am writting a script reading a liste of files from a file-list using the command while read NEW_LINE, and calling a "ksh" shell for each line. My shell is like beside, and only the first line of the file-list of "/app/admin/file-list.txt" is actually processed. It seems that calling a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading fixed length flat file and calling java code using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and I have to to the following I have a flat file with storename(lenth 20) , emailaddress(lenth 40), location(15). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt StoreName emailaddress location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling bash command in perl script

Hi, I have tried several times but failed, I need to call this script from the perl script. This one line script will be sent to /var/tmp/error Bash command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -backstat -l -hoursago 12 |awk '{ print $19, $12, $14, $16}'|grep -vi default|sort >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading function calling statement from a file

Hi, I have a shell script 'sample.sh' which has some functions as below. #fun1 fun1() { date } #fun2() { echo hi } I want to run these functions as background processes and also redirect the output to a file. My function calling statements are in a different file 'sample.cfg' as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama_kodam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Macros in UNIX command

Hi .. I have created a sql macro, i want to execute this through ksh in putty.ie) sql.ksh will contain the macro query ,once i call this ksh ,the macro should trigger. I am able to write a macro : for ex: create macro macro_name (sel * from db_tablename) execute macro_name. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kalaiselvi66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling another Script from Command Line in UNIX

Hi all, I am having problem in understanding the following line of code .. /home/rmsbatch/autoscript/autorms.ksh dc_load_main.ksh -q belk_dc_load_tran_data.seq What's being done here ? what does "-q" means ? What does ".seq" file means in unix "belk_dc_load_tran_data.seq" Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script run curl command calling cyber-Ark RESTAPI

Hi All, We have a requirement to Integrate Cyber-Ark with Informatica . Basically cyberark will contain the username and password for Database. First step will be 1)In shell Script run curl command calling cyber-Ark RESTAPI requesting the credentials and store the secret in a variable. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveena9102
0 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)