Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Space not getting released on the mountpoint Post 302878042 by ibmtech on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 11:15:48 AM
Old 12-04-2013
Paste the output of df -g, you need to know is it a directory or filesystem.

It could be any of the reason Jim mentioned in 1st line
If it is a file system and no one is using it you can try umount/mount 'ing it.

Else for both directory or filesystem you can use the below.
fuser -cu <path>, it will report any open files and also (-u) flag will list the user.
You can kill it using -k flag.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HPUX : identify NFS mountpoint

Is there a way to identify a directory as the start of an NFS mountpoint in HPUX 11.0? Using existing utilities & without root priv. If you stat the directory and use the S_ISNWK macro you can find network special files that way. The requirement will have to go through other channels if I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
5 Replies

2. Solaris

problem in restoring mountpoint in Solaris

Hi, I am restoring the existing mount point on Solaris and getting below mentioned error mount: /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s6 is already mounted or /billing is busy I uses truss command to see the output and snapshot is below. Please help me to restore the mount point, # truss -fa mount -F... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get mountpoint from filename

Dear Guru's Given a full filename /a/b/c/d/file.txt how do i determine what part is the mount point ( say /a/b). Cheers, Karel (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing NAS /mountpoint accessible

Hello. What's the best way to ensure that a NFS filesystem mounted from a disk-cabine (NAS) is accessible? My proposal: 1. ping to the ip of the cabine 2. verify filesystem is mounted 3. touch a file inside the /mountpoint Any other suggestions? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem and partition, mountpoint

Hello All, I am new to System/plat-form administration work. Right now I am facing some issues while creating the filesystem and mounpoint. I am using Linux 6.0 SuSE 11. Last time I was used one command to partition the given space along with filesystem in SuSE 9 and it was done in GUI mode but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
0 Replies

6. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Mountpoint 100% but no data inside

One of our mountpoint shows 100% but we have less data on that mountpoint. Pls help me to find which data/process holds the space. bash-3.00$ cd /oracle/server_software/oracle10 bash-3.00$ du -sh * 0K admin 260M app 0K flash_recovery_area 0K lost+found 0K oradata ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to format new mountpoint

Can some one help me i try to mkfs new mountpoint from storageIBM but give some problem # mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdd1 mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006) /dev/sdd1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here! my os is redhat 5.3 using fdisk # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 298.9... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyid04
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mountpoint monitoring script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I prepared a very simple script to monitor mount points but not geting desired output. df -h|awk -F' ' '{ if ($5 >= 80) print "CRITICAL\n" $NF " mount point has reached " $5;}'|sed -n '3,$p' When I run above script in Sun solaris box it is executing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating mountpoint in Linux from rawdevices without lv's

Hello, I need to create mountpoint in linux from rawdevices without using lv's. Please help me with the steps to do this. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies
fuser(2)							System Calls Manual							  fuser(2)

NAME
fuser - Reports PIDs and UIDs for files, file systems and/or the devices attached to them. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/fuser.h> int fuser( char *file, long flag, struct f_user fuser_array[], long sizeof_fuser_array ); PARAMETERS
Specifies the file name. Specifies one of the following values. If none of the following are values are specified, the default is to match open files. Matches only file ids. Provides mount point matching. Matches deleted files on the mount point specified by file. Specifies the array. Specifies the number of elements in the fuser array. DESCRIPTION
The fuser function reports a list of PIDs and UIDs that are associated with a specified file, file system, and/or the devices that are attached to them. The fuser function can report back additional information about "matches" by ORing one of the following constants that can be passed back in the member fu_flags: Current directory Current directory Parent of the current directory At least one file open, but the number open is not known. Executable image. Controlling terminal Trace At least one file is mmapped RETURN VALUES
On success, the fuser function returns the number of fuser_array elements that were found. The contents of the structure are as follows: typedef struct f_user { pid_t fu_pid; int fu_flags; uid_t fu_uid; } f_user_t; If an error has occurred, the fuser function returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the fuser function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The array is not large enough to hold the number of array elements returned or the array structure cannot be filled The file parameter specified does not exist EXAMPLES
Open regular files and special files are matched using the flag parameter set at 0L. Thus, if process 127 and 3220 open the /home/try file simultaneously and the fuser function is active, the PIDs and UIDs associated with the home/try file are reported as in the following exam- ple: fuser("/home/try", 0L, fuser_array, (long) (sizeof (fuser_array)/sizeof(fuser_array[0])); Similarly, if the special device file /dev/ttyp2 is open by process 32, then that PID and its associated UID are reported as in the following example: fuser("/dev/ttyp2", 0L, fuser_array, (long) (sizeof (fuser_array)/sizeof(fuser_array[0])); fuser(2)