Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create individual entries from a range of numbers? Post 302877979 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 05:45:44 AM
Old 12-04-2013
So, what have you tried so far and where are you getting stuck?

It seems that you need to recognise the values you have then starting with the first value in the range, loop through displaying the required output and adding one to the counter before you go round and see if you have reached the end value.

You would also be better to say what tools you prefer to work in and your OS version (name and release level) in case there are any suggestions that rely on or could exploit the variant that you have.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep numbers range

I want to grep a range of numbers in a log file. My log file looks like this: 20050807070609Z;blah blah That is a combination of yr,month,date,hours,minutes,seconds. I want to search in the log file events that happened between a particular time. like between 20050807070000 to 20050822070000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep on a range of numbers

Hi im new to unix and need to find a way to grep the top 5 numbers in a file and put them into another file. For example my file looks like this abcdef 50000 abcdef 45000 abcdef 40000 abcdef 35000 abcdef 30000 abcdef 25000 abcdef 20000 abcdef 15000 abcdef 10000 and so on... How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ProgChick2oo9
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read numbers from file and output which numbers belongs to which range

Howdy experts, We have some ranges of number which belongs to particual group as below. GroupNo StartRange EndRange Group0125 935300 935399 Group2006 935400 935476 937430 937459 Group0324 935477 935549 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List-to-Range of Numbers

Hello, I have two columns with data that look like this: Col1 Col2 ------ ----- a 1 a 2 a 3 a 4 a 7 a 8 a 9 a 10 a 11 b 6 b 7 b 8 b 9 b 14 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Frequency of a range of numbers

Hello, I have a column where there are values from 1 to 150. I want to get the frequency of values in the following ranges: 1-5 6-10 11-15 .... .... .... 146-150 How can I do this in a for loop? Thanks, Guss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for a range of numbers

Dear Friends, I want to know how to grep for the lines that has a number between given range(start and end). I have tried the following sed command. sed -n -e '/20030101011442/,/20030101035519/p' However this requires both start and end to be part of the content being grepped. However... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? create similarity matrix by calculating overlaps between sets comprising of individual parts

Hi everyone I am very new at awk and to me the task I need to get done is very very challenging... Nevertheless, after admiring how fast and elegant issues are being solved here I am sure this is my best chance. I have a 2D data file (input file is a plain tab-delimited text file). The first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep for a range of numbers?

I am trying to extract specific information from a large *.sam file (it's originally 28Gb). I want to extract all lines that are on chr3 somewhere in the range of 112,937,439-113,437,438. Here is a sample line from my file so you can get a feel for what each line looks like: seq.4 0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: genGirl23
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique entries based on a range of numbers.

Hi, I have a matrix like this: Algorithm predicted_gene start_point end_point A x 65 85 B x 70 80 C x 75 85 D x 10 20 B y 125 130 C y 120 140 D y 200 210 Here there are four tab-separated columns. The first column is the used algorithm for prediction, and there are 4 of them A-D.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyfisherman
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print range of numbers

Hi I am getting an argument which specifies the range of numbers. eg: 7-15 Is there a way that i can easily (avoiding loop) print the range of number between and including the specified above. The above example should translate to 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies
DSA_generate_parameters(3)					      OpenSSL						DSA_generate_parameters(3)

NAME
DSA_generate_parameters - generate DSA parameters LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/dsa.h> DSA *DSA_generate_parameters(int bits, unsigned char *seed, int seed_len, int *counter_ret, unsigned long *h_ret, void (*callback)(int, int, void *), void *cb_arg); DESCRIPTION
DSA_generate_parameters() generates primes p and q and a generator g for use in the DSA. bits is the length of the prime to be generated; the DSS allows a maximum of 1024 bits. If seed is NULL or seed_len < 20, the primes will be generated at random. Otherwise, the seed is used to generate them. If the given seed does not yield a prime q, a new random seed is chosen and placed at seed. DSA_generate_parameters() places the iteration count in *counter_ret and a counter used for finding a generator in *h_ret, unless these are NULL. A callback function may be used to provide feedback about the progress of the key generation. If callback is not NULL, it will be called as follows: o When a candidate for q is generated, callback(0, m++, cb_arg) is called (m is 0 for the first candidate). o When a candidate for q has passed a test by trial division, callback(1, -1, cb_arg) is called. While a candidate for q is tested by Miller-Rabin primality tests, callback(1, i, cb_arg) is called in the outer loop (once for each witness that confirms that the candidate may be prime); i is the loop counter (starting at 0). o When a prime q has been found, callback(2, 0, cb_arg) and callback(3, 0, cb_arg) are called. o Before a candidate for p (other than the first) is generated and tested, callback(0, counter, cb_arg) is called. o When a candidate for p has passed the test by trial division, callback(1, -1, cb_arg) is called. While it is tested by the Miller- Rabin primality test, callback(1, i, cb_arg) is called in the outer loop (once for each witness that confirms that the candidate may be prime). i is the loop counter (starting at 0). o When p has been found, callback(2, 1, cb_arg) is called. o When the generator has been found, callback(3, 1, cb_arg) is called. RETURN VALUE
DSA_generate_parameters() returns a pointer to the DSA structure, or NULL if the parameter generation fails. The error codes can be obtained by ERR_get_error(3). BUGS
Seed lengths > 20 are not supported. SEE ALSO
openssl_dsa(3), ERR_get_error(3), openssl_rand(3), DSA_free(3) HISTORY
DSA_generate_parameters() appeared in SSLeay 0.8. The cb_arg argument was added in SSLeay 0.9.0. In versions up to OpenSSL 0.9.4, callback(1, ...) was called in the inner loop of the Miller-Rabin test whenever it reached the squaring step (the parameters to callback did not reveal how many witnesses had been tested); since OpenSSL 0.9.5, callback(1, ...) is called as in BN_is_prime(3), i.e. once for each witness. 1.0.1i 2009-07-20 DSA_generate_parameters(3)