Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mkdir
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Mkdir Post 302877969 by bolones on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 05:17:39 AM
Old 12-04-2013
Mkdir

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Do the procedure, which if there are 5 parameters then it creates 4 directories with names of 4 parameters, in those directories it creates files with the same name, and in those files, the fifth parameter must be saved.

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:
for
if

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):
Code:
for k in 1,2,3,4
do
if $# -eq=5
then
mkdir $5>$k/$k
else
echo blablabla
fi
done

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):
AGH,Cracow,Poland

Please, help me i don't know what to do.

Last edited by bolones; 12-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

install vs mkdir

I'm sitting here late at night, reading linux from scratch, and I come to this part: http://lfs.osuosl.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/creatingdirs.html my question to you, the all knowing unix.com'ers is this: what's the difference between using the install command as they do, and using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkdir

Is there ant way to increase max number of folders in the directory from the 32766: Problem UFS: shell>mkdir mmm mkdir: mmm: Too many links But there are no links, just folders. shell>ls | wc -l 32766 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp/Mkdir and spaces

I am having trouble using cp and mkdir commands on a small script. The problem is I have spaces what I am trying to mkdir and then copy. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem? I've tried searching online. while read linefile do echo mkdir -p $CPP$linefile | cut -d / -f 1-5,8-12 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagiro1
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with mkdir command

Hi, please help me with this small script #!/bin/sh curdir=`pwd` n20=$curdir'/n20/' msat=$curdir'/n20/msat/' if then mkdir $n20 fi if then mkdir $msat fi for a in 30 40 50 60 70 80 do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir bug

Dear, I have the following script: maak_backup () { echo 'Maken van tijdelijke bestanden, even geduld aub.' for i in /home/yannick/* ; do cp -r $i $i.bac done if ; then echo 'Backup map = OK!' echo 'Bezig met kopiëren, even geduld... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
9 Replies

7. Linux

mkdir command

Hi all, i am new to Linux and need some help. I used the command: mkdir super Directory super is created When i try to change to this directory using: cd /super I get: bash: cd: /super: No such file or directory when i use: rm super I get: rm: cannot remove 'super': Is a directory What... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deside
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mkdir utility

Howdy, Puttering around in unix, and read this in the mkdir man page: "The mkdir utility creates the directories named as operands..." What does this mean, i.e. as operands? Many thanks, DN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danuke
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use mkdir{...} with a variable?

Hi, I used "mkdir job{0001..10}" do get directories. Now I want to create directories with a variable, for exemple "mkdir job{0001..$a}". When a=5 I get the directory "job{0001..5}". What have i to change to get job0001,...,job0005 :/ Thx for ur help :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: E_taks
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mkdir

hi linux expert what is a difference between: mkdir test and mkdir ./test and also if ( -e /test ) then and if ( -e ./test ) then thanks in advance Please use icode or code tags next time for your code and data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003a
1 Replies
TTF2UFM_X2GS(1) 					      TTF2UFM Font Converter						   TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)

NAME
ttf2ufm_x2gs - font installer for Ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ttf2ufm_x2gs [config-file] DESCRIPTION
The fonts generated with ttf2ufm work fine with Ghostscript by themselves. The script `x2gs' (or `ttf2ufm_x2gs' when installed into a public directory, to avoid name conflicts with other programs) links the font files from the X11 direcotry into the Ghostscript directory and automatically creates the description file ("Fontmap") in Ghostscript format. If the configuration file is not specified as an argument then the file `"convert.cfg"' in the current directory is used, just like the `"convert"' script does. Indeed, this configuration file is used for both scripts. The Ghostscript-related parameters in the configuration file are: "DSTDIR" - the X11 font directory used by `"x2gs"' as the source of the fonts. This parameter is common with the X11 configuration. "GSDIR" - the base directory of Ghostsript. If this parameter is set to an empty string then `"convert"' won't call `"x2gs"'. So if you want to get only the X11 fonts installed then set this parameter to an empty string. This directory may vary on various system, so please check your system and set this value accordingly before running the script. "GSFONTDIR" - the font directory of Ghostscript. In the standard Ghostscript installation it's a subdirectory of "GSDIR" but some systems may use completely different directories. "GSCONFDIR" - the configuration subdirectory of Ghostscript that contains the "Fontmap" file. "INSTALLFONTMAP" - if the value is set to "YES" then install the entries for the new fonts right into the main "Fontmap" file. Otherwise just leave the file "Fontmap.ttf" in the Ghostscript configuration directory. After preparing the configuration file run the script. It symbolicaly links all the font files and creates the description file "Fontmap.ttf" in "GSCONDFIR". After that there are two choices. If the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "YES" then the font descriptions are also automatically installed into the master "Fontmap" file. The script is clever enough to detect if it was run multiple times with the same directories and if so it replaces the old "Fontmap" entries with the new ones instead of just accumulating all of them. You may also run it multiple times for multiple X11 directories and all the results will be properly collected in the "Fontmap". But it's your responsibility to watch that the names of the font files don't overlap. If the X11 font directory gets renamed then you have to remove its font entries from the "Fontmap" and only after that re-run `"x2gs"' for the new directory. On the other hand if the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "NO" then go to the "GSCONFDIR" directory and insert the contents of "Fontmap.ttf" into the "Fontmap" file manually. This step may be left manual to make the installation a little bit more safe. After that you may also want to redefine some of the aliases in "Fontmap" to refer to the newly installed fonts. But the redefinition of the aliases may be dangerous if the width of characters in the new font will be different from the old font. Alas, there is no visible solution of this problem yet. FILES
o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/convert.cfg.sample o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/* o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/README o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/FONTS o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/* o TTF2UFM_BINDIR/ttf2ufm SEE ALSO
o ttf2ufm(1) o ttf2ufm_convert(1) o t1asm(1) version 3.4.4 December 31, 2003 TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)