Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change nth depending on matiching a pattern in Y line Post 302877932 by varun22486 on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 11:23:36 PM
Old 12-04-2013
No luck

Code:

>>cat test2.sh
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '
  $2 ~ "^ *FILE_TRIGGER"{gsub(" *ENVAR ENV=/home2/[^\n]*\n","")}
  NF{printf "%s","/* -"$0}' RS='/[*] -' FS='\n' txt
[meandmy(autosys)]/usr/autosys/shells/TWS
>>./test2.sh
/* -  /* -* ----------------- cmdsMlyMoveTPMPLANTJ -----------------
UNIX_JOB CMMM002J
  CMDNAME /* -home2/* -proddata/* -bin/* -moveTPMPLANT.sh
  AGENT CMDSHP
  USER proddata
  AFTER CMMU001J
  /* -* "DDRG monthly processing. This job can FAIL if the files are n
  ENVAR STDOUT=/* -tmp/* -cmdsMlyMoveTPMPLANTJ
  ENVAR ENV=/* -home2/* -autosys/* -cmdsprod/* -profiles/* -daily
ENDJOB

/* -* ----------------- cmdsMlyDdrgRcvF -----------------
FILE_TRIGGER CMMD003F
  AGENT CMDSHP
  USER autosys
  AFTER CMMM002J
  /* -* "watch prepareDDRG.data(www, xtmp.htm, Tpmplant.exe"
  FILENAME /* -home3/* -ref_files/* -download/* -prepareDDRG.data
ENDJOB

/* -* ----------------- cmdsMlyMoveTPMPLANTJ -----------------
UNIX_JOB CMMM002J
  CMDNAME /* -home2/* -proddata/* -bin/* -moveTPMPLANT.sh
  AGENT CMDSHP
  USER proddata
  AFTER CMMU001J
  /* -* "DDRG monthly processing. This job can FAIL if the files are n
  ENVAR STDOUT=/* -tmp/* -cmdsMlyMoveTPMPLANTJ
ENDJOB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut subsrting from string depending on pattern

Dears, i'm glad to be a member of this big UNIXer's group :( ,hoping to be one of'm. my question: how i get the subsrting ahmad "from" the string ".ahmad." for example ?? Thank you all. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muslem_it
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change line found by pattern using sed

I want to change a line like CPM_THRESHOLD 0.8 // to a new value using sed I am trying sed -i "s/CPM_THRESHOLD/CPM_THRESHOLD\t$COH\t\t\/\//" $INPUT_4 but how can i substitute the whole line begining with CPM_THRESHOLD and substitute it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To filter a certain pattern depending on neighbour

Hi, As I am new to filtering section of Unix I am facing a problem I have following lines in text file : Created RELEASE in dist/Apple_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in dist/Banana_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in dist/Mango_release_1_0_.zip Created RELEASE in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change variable name depending on iteration

Hi, I would like to get a solution to this situation if possible. In a "for" loop how can I assign a value to a variable and then change the name of that variable depending on the loop iteration? So what I am looking for is something like this in pseudo-code: for i in 1 2 3 4 do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonderboy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename for Nth line pattern match

Hi, I have many scripts in particular directory. And few of the scripts have exit 0 in second line. Now i wanted to list out the scripts name which has the exit 0 in its second line I tried many options , but i can not get the filename along with the nth line pattern match :mad:. Can anyone... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average for every Nth line in the Nth column

Is there an awk script that can easily perform the following operation? I have a data file that is in the format of 1944-12,5.6 1945-01,9.8 1945-02,6.7 1945-03,9.3 1945-04,5.9 1945-05,0.7 1945-06,0.0 1945-07,0.0 1945-08,0.0 1945-09,0.0 1945-10,0.2 1945-11,10.5 1945-12,22.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing nth and n+1th line after a pattern match

Hi , I want to print the nth and n+1 lines from a file once it gets a pattern match. For eg: aaa bbb ccc ddd gh jjjj If I find a match for bbb then I need to print bbb as well as 3rd and 4th line from the match.. Please help..Is it possible to get a command using sed :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert new pattern in newline after the nth occurrence of a line pattern - Bash in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I am getting crazy after days on looking at it: Bash in Ubuntu 12.04.1 I want to do this: pattern="system /path1/file1 file1" new_pattern=" data /path2/file2 file2" file to edit: data.db - I need to search in the file data.db for the nth occurrence of pattern - pattern must... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display when nth line match a pattern?

Hi All, I have sample of listing as following Database 2 entry: Database alias = PXRES Database name = PXRES Local database directory = /db2/data1/db2phnx Database release level = d.00 Comment ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)