Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error while copying file on AIX Post 302877914 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 08:30:17 PM
Old 12-03-2013
This is the ETXTBSY error. Files that are executing or are mapped into other process space cannot be opened for write, or moved.

There isn't a fix. Shutdown your griddb any other instances of oracle running on that box
if you absolutely have to copy the file. Otherwise restore it from a tape library backup to where you want it.

What are you doing? Installing another path of oracle client or server code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

copying files to a remote aix server using tar!

Hi, I am using AIX 5.2, and I want to copy some files from one server to a remote server using tar command. Can anybody tell me exact command? Thanks. Aqeel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File compilation error on AIX

Hi All, I am successfully able to compile the file through gcc. At the time of compilling the file throught xlc, I am facing the following issues: 1) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <multimap.h> is not found. 2) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <pair.h> is not found. 3) ld: 0706-012 The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
0 Replies

3. AIX

Help with copying file from AIX to Windows

Dear All, I am in need of your help again. I want to copy a file from AIX to Windows. I was able do the same with WinSCP but not able to do with any commands. I have tried ftp, scp and scp2 but nothing worked. Can anyone suggest me a command on how to copy/move a file from AIX to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No such file or directory error while copying files

Hi, I need to copy files from one dir to another dir. The list of filesnames to be moved are in a file called files2cp.log Script: #!/bin/ksh exec 0</home/amdocs/files2cp.log while read LINE do cp -i /iccs33/attach/"$LINE" /iccs30/attach/"$LINE" done The output is "No such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinirsr
6 Replies

5. AIX

Error while copying huge amount of data in aix

Hi When i copy 300GB of data from one filesystem to the other filesystem in AIX I get the error : tar: 0511-825 The file 'SAPBRD.dat' is too large. The command I used is : # tar -cf - . | (cd /sapbackup ; tar -xf - ) im copying as root The below is my ulimit -a output : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress the error while copying the file

HI , I am tryin to copying multiple files from some dir. If the files are not present. It should not throw error in the screen. HOw to do that . Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 0557 error The root file system does not mount

Hi, on running system, a disk was added hdiskx then importvg -y oraclevg hdiskx but hdiskx was actually a rootvg so since rootvg was already present in the existing system this happened Imported hdisk2 which was rootvg as importvg -y oraclevg hdisk2 in server since rootvg already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. AIX

Error when running .sh file in AIX platform

Hi, I am trying to open Oracle Warehouse Builder (10g) Design Center in AIX platform using the command ./OWBClient.sh. When I execute, I am getting the below error. The JVM option is invalid: -XX: MaxPermSize=256M. Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Any resolution guidance for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: becky123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying file using wildcard

Hi, cd /web/myf ls -ltr -rwxr-x--- 1 user1 Admin 17 Oct 7 15:53 mykey.db -rwxr-x--- 1 user1 Admin 21 Oct 7 15:53 test.shmore test.sh cd log01 pwd cp ../*.db .When i run the test.sh i get the below output / error. Output: /web/myf/log01 cp: cannot stat `../*.db': No such file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX networking performance, during copying files

Hello, AIX-gurus! We have some AIX networking (?) issue, for test I created 2 LPARs (AIX 6.1) on 2 different blade IBM power servers (p702 with POWER7 on board), located in same BladeCenter H. Networking bandwith between them is 1Gbit/s # iperf -c 172.16.17.170... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supacat
5 Replies
backintime(1)							   USER COMMANDS						     backintime(1)

NAME
backintime - a simple backup tool for Linux. This is command line tool. The graphical tools are: backintime-gnome and backintime-kde4. SYNOPSIS
backintime [ --backup | --backup-job | --snapshots-path | --snapshots-list | --snapshots-list-path | --last-snapshot | --last-snapshot-path | --help | --version | --license ] DESCRIPTION
Back In Time is a simple backup tool for Linux. The backup is done by taking snapshots of a specified set of folders. All you have to do is configure: where to save snapshots, what folders to backup. You can also specify a backup schedule: disabled, every 5 minutes, every 10 minutes, every hour, every day, every week, every month. To configure it use one of the graphical interfaces available (backintime-gnome or backintime-kde4). It acts as a 'user mode' backup tool. This means that you can backup/restore only folders you have write access to (actually you can backup read-only folders, but you can't restore them). If you want to run it as root you need to use 'su'. A new snapshot is created only if something changed since the last snapshot (if any). A snapshot contains all the files from the selected folders (except for exclude patterns). In order to reduce disk space it use hard-links (if possible) between snapshots for unchanged files. This way a file of 10Mb, unchanged for 10 snapshots, will use only 10Mb on the disk. When you restore a file 'A', if it already exists on the file system it will be renamed to 'A.backup.currentdate'. For automatic backup it use 'cron' so there is no need for a daemon, but 'cron' must be running. user-callback During backup process the application can call a user callback at different steps. This callback is "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/backintime/user- callback" (by default $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is ~/.config). The first argument is the progile id (1=Main Profile, ...). The second argument is the progile name. The third argument is the reason: 1 Backup process begins. 2 Backup process ends. 3 A new snapshot was taken. The extra arguments are snapshot ID and snapshot path. 4 There was an error. The second argument is the error code. Error codes: 1 The application is not configured. 2 A "take snapshot" process is already running. 3 Can't find snapshots folder (is it on a removable drive ?). 4 A snapshot for "now" already exist. OPTIONS
-b, --backup take a snapshot now (if needed) --backup-job take a snapshot (if needed) depending on schedule rules (used for cron jobs) --snapshots-path display path where is saves the snapshots (if configured) --snapshots-list display the list of snapshot IDs (if any) --snapshots-list-path display the paths to snapshots (if any) --last-snapshot display last snapshot ID (if any) --last-snapshot-path display the path to the last snapshot (if any) -h, --help display a short help -v, --version show version --license show license SEE ALSO
backintime-gnome, backintime-kde4. Back In Time also has a website: http://backintime.le-web.org AUTHOR
This manual page was written by BIT Team (<bit-team@lists.launchpad.net>). version 1.0.10 Mars 2009 backintime(1)