Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to parse jil output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to parse jil output Post 302877796 by Yoda on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 11:22:25 AM
Old 12-03-2013
If am using a flag variable: f and it is set when awk finds pattern /condition:/

So when awk finds next pattern /^[ ]*\/\*/ for job name, I am checking if this flag variable is set or not.

If not set, then print No_Condition. Same is done in the END rule to cover last job name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse through one text file and output many

Hi, everyone The input file pattern is like below: Begin Object1 txt1 end ; Begin Object2 txt2 end ; ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophiadun
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat file and parse output

Hello, I'm new to shell scripting and did a search on the forum to what I want to do but couldn't find anything. I have about 9 routers that outputs to 1 syslog file daily named cisco.year.mo.date.log ex: cisco.2009.05.11.log My goal is to make a parsing script that cats today's syslog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjrambar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse snoop output

Hi all, Is it possible to create an script that parse an snoop output similar to the example above ? Each line is ended by "$" (set list in vi). as a result, I would like to print the output in only one line. can someone give me some tip ? Thanks a lot .:) l version="1.0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Parsing Autosys JIL

I'm trying to modify the script given in post 7 of the following thread: 146564-need-parse-jil-file-into-excel-file.html. (Sorry, can't post the URL as I don't have enough posts.) The original script is as follows: awk -F ' *_]*: *' 'BEGIN ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GnuScripter
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse df output

Output of the below code includes unmatched date.Please correct it df -k|awk '$4>50 {print $1, "\t"$4,"\t" $7}' It gives output less than 50% also. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse output and then compare column wise with awk

Hello, I am trying to write a script to parse the output of data and then alert based on certain conditions This is the output of my script (STRING) Name = Joe (FLOAT64) BMI = 34 (FLOAT64) Weight = 156 (STRING) Name = Sam (FLOAT64) BMI = 32 (FLOAT64) Weight = 180 and so on it repeats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
4 Replies
MKCOVER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MKCOVER(8)

NAME
mkcover - HylaFAX continuation cover page generation command SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/mkcover qfile template result DESCRIPTION
bin/mkcover is the command invoked by the facsimile server when a continuation cover page is required for an outbound job that is about to be retried. It generates a single POSTSCRIPT(R) page that is imaged according to the remote capabilities and transmitted as the cover page. The arguments are: qfile the job description file for the outbound job. template the cover page template file, as used by the faxcover(1) program. result the filename where the resultant POSTSCRIPT document should be written. The default mkcover command is a shell script that uses awk(1) to parse the job description file and generate the cover page document. The template file may be optionally compressed with compress(1), pack(1), or gzip(1); the filename suffix is used to decide whether or not the template file contains compressed data. SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-config(5), sendq(5) June 20, 1994 MKCOVER(8)