Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started) Post 302877761 by DR_RALT on Tuesday 3rd of December 2013 09:47:01 AM
Old 12-03-2013
For clarification:
This is the same issue posted by a very hardworking and smart young man who is taking care of the systems. He has recently learned a great deal about Unix and Solaris and we appreciate his help on the ground here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP VUE Messaginbg system could not be started

hi guys..its been a while since my last post... a friend of mine has a problem with their HP Openview and has the following error: The HP VUE messaging system could not be started. To correct the problem: 1. Choose to return to the login-screen. 2. Select failsafe session.... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Solaris system on x86. It would not boot again after updates.

Hi All, I have an x86 system which I have just installed Solaris 10 on, I intend to use this as a database server for Oracle, I tried to patch the server with the latest updates from SUN in preparation for the Oracle installation as I wanted to make sure that I was running the latest patches. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
0 Replies

6. Solaris

DVD Solaris System Not able to Mount and Boot

Hi, I have a .ISO file of Solaris system burned into a DVD+ROM, and I encounter the following problems, I am using Sun V440 server, (1) Not able to detect the DVD contents under /cdrom. (2) After reboot with this bootable DVD, I get the following errors, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
1 Replies

7. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show ksh script started on boot

Hi, i need to know, which ksh script are executed on boot (Sun and aix OS). Where can i find it ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris partition in boot screen disappeared - F11??

I have a problem where I installed several OSes as partitions on one disk. And suddenly I cannot see Solaris 11.3 in the bios boot screen anymore. I have no clue why. Do anyone have a suggestion so I can dig further somewhere? I first installed Solaris 11.3. Then Windows10 (gaming). Then Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfengine - network configuration engine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfenvgraph [options] COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
--help --file Override default input database --erasehistory Erase machine-learned history of named traces. Comma separated list (no spaces) --outputdir override name of output directory --titles Generate titles in output data files for traces --timestamps Add time stamps to output directory --resolution Maximum output resolution (default is smoothed over each hour). --separate Plot separate output files for each trace. --no-error-bars Do not add uncertainty margins to output. --no-scaling Do not renormalize graphs for convenient representation --now Show data for last four hours only in high resolution. --verbose DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. Cfenvd is part of the anomaly detection subsystem for cfagent. cfenvgraph is a research tool for extracting graphs of the learned history of system performance from the learned database. Users are referred to the web page http://www.cfengine.org/confdir/cfenvgraph.html for an explanation of this graphical tool. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)