Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Newly relabelled disc unable to initialize to Solaris 8 login - please help Post 302877655 by DR_RALT on Monday 2nd of December 2013 07:10:19 PM
Old 12-02-2013
Question Newly relabelled disc unable to initialize to Solaris 8 login - please help

We are having a problem with initializing Solaris 8 installed on a Sunblade 1500 after having cloned the hard disc.

(The cloning process was done in a windows environment. Not a UNIX environment.)

Immediately after the cloning process neither hard disc would boot until the format label command was used to re-label the discs. Now they boot, but the previously installed Solaris 8 does not initialize to the login screen. Instead, the startup process dead ends in a black screen.

Any insight, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to login Solaris 10

I have inherited a solaris 10 server. I went to log into it the other day over the console connection, and after sucessfully entering the password, I was booted back to the login prompt with no errors visible. If I enter an incorect password, the console displays 'incorrect password' and kicks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
8 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Solaris Auditing: Newly specified events not being logged

Hi all I'm busy testing auditing on Solaris 10. I am using the syslog plugin to get real time view of what's happening on the system. Initially I am only monitoring lo events. The audit_control file looked like this: dir:/var/audit flags:lo minfree:20 naflags:lo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris- How to scan newly attached NIC's

Hi folks, How can I scan newly attached network interfaces to server without reboot? Is there any command or something to scan without reboot. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to create windows recovery disc

Getting error while creating windows recovery disc Please see attachment (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Could not logon to newly installed Solaris 11.2

Dear Solaris 11 experts, I can not logon to a newly installed Solaris 5.11 11.2 i86pc i386 i86pc just downloaded today, despite having entered username and password to be created. However, I cannot get on to this workstation after Solaris installation completion. Can you advice how to reset my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

"Unable to Detect Newly added HDD - Redhat 5"

Hi Folks, I am unable to detected newly added HDD in my redhat-5 OS. I am expecting to get /dev/sdb. Following are the utilized commands or syntax. root@hostname% cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4 (Tikanga) echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan %... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
1 Replies