Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server Post 302877618 by terrywhitejr on Monday 2nd of December 2013 02:57:12 PM
Old 12-02-2013
Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise.
lpstat -t shows
Code:
scheduler is running        
printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.

I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print queue but when I run cancel lext644 -e
Code:
lext644-51: internal-error
Failed to contact service for Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Please advise.

---------- Post updated at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:55 PM ----------

Code:
svcs -a | grep -i print
disabled       17:20:09 svc:/application/cde-printinfo:default
online         17:18:42 svc:/application/print/ppd-cache-update:default
online         17:37:14 svc:/application/print/server:default
online         17:37:14 svc:/application/print/rfc1179:default

Last edited by bartus11; 12-02-2013 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Print Migrator 3.1

Has anyone used the above microsoft tool that creates a backup / cab file of printers & drivers on a PC. If so any had the following message - EnumPorts failed with 7a As a result no ports are backed up, any ideas ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

print from windows

I have a printer on sun solaris configured on a terminal server I want to print on this printer from windows xp or windows 2003 I put the devices that want to print in the hosts and hosts.lpd file and the I use the comman lpr -S my_server -P unix_printer my_file but the job didn't go . can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maher2000@hotma
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

print parameters on windows

Hello I've been google'ing to try to find an answer to my question but can't seem to find it. What I want to do is to pass the email address of a user printing from the HP-UX to a printer attached to a Windows 2003. The printing is done using lp. I can see that the printjob on windows has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacma
0 Replies

5. SCO

print from windows xp

i have application of gestion instaleled in sco openserver but i want to config my printing in my windows xp name of my print is epson lq 2080 and it's instaled in windows xp thank all ;);):):b::b::b: i accede to my server sco open whith logiciel putty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skambram
2 Replies

6. Programming

print C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin on Windows?

Sorry, I meant to type "porting C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin in Windows" I just installed cygwin 1.7 to my Windows PC. I have a C program that compiles fine using gcc on Solaris 10, x86. This C program contains system calls like: system ("ls -l > file.txt"); and system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print excel file / csv file in solaris server ?

Hi, I have to print a excel file in solaris server. I am using lexmark printer with post script printer driver . But the problem is when i am using " lp -d <printer name> <somefile name.xls>" command it is not printing correctly. but for pdf file using the same command it printing correctly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambuddha
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

10. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies
lpsched(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       lpsched(1M)

NAME
lpsched - start the LP print service SYNOPSIS
lpsched [-f num_filters] [-n num_notifiers] [-p fd_limit] [-r reserved_fds] DESCRIPTION
The lpsched command starts or restarts the LP print service. The lpshut command stops the LP print service. Printers that are restarted using lpsched reprint (in their entirety) print requests that were stopped by lpshut. See lpshut(1M). It is recommended that you start and stop the LP print service using svcadm(1M). See NOTES. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f num_filters Specifies the number of concurrent slow filters that may be run on a print server. A default value of 1 is used if none is specified. Depending on server configuration, a value of 1 may cause printers to remain idle while there are jobs queued to them. -n num_notifiers Specifies the number of concurrent notification processes that can run on a print server. A default value of 1 is used when none is specified. -p fd_limit Specifies the file descriptor resource limit for the lpsched process. A default value of 4096 is used if none is specified. On extremely large and active print servers, it may be necessary to increase this value. -r reserved_fds Specifies the number of file descriptors that the scheduler reserves for internal communications under heavy load. A default value of 2 is used when none is specified. It should not be necessary to modify this value unless instructed to do so when troubleshooting problems under high load. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), svcs(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpmove(1M), lpshut(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration NOTES
The lpsched service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/application/print/server Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2004 lpsched(1M)