Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to work on dates Post 302877532 by kumar85shiv on Monday 2nd of December 2013 05:25:40 AM
Old 12-02-2013
Thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the dates in shell script

Hi How to compare created or modified date of two files help needed thanks Vajiramani :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaji
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to generate daily crontab entries between to specific dates

Hi, I am currently writing a shell script to enter daily reoccurring jobs into the crontab. I want to be able to specify any two dates for which I want these daily jobs to run between. Below is an example of what I need to be written to crontab. # Give a start day of 21/10/2009 09:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JM_86
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of 2 dates in shell script

Hi., After retrieving values from DB I have two datestamps in format: 12/01/2010:05:40:00 AM and 12/01/2010:06:00:00 PM. general time format: MM/DD/YYYY:HH:MM:SS AM or PM Any quick solution to get the difference of two in the format : 1 day(s) 12:20:00 Thanks., (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to work command 'cd' in shell script?

I have simple script. like that, I am working on /usr/local/src and also under src folder there is a ft folder #!/bin/ksh #!/bin/bash dirpath="/usr/local/src/ft" echo $dirpath cd $dirpath echo displays ok "/usr/local/src/ft" but that doesn't enter "ft" folder. stays in current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: F@NTOM
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append dates going forward from today to certain line in shell script

Hi there, I have a requirement to append dates going forward to a certain line in a file. I'm not sure of how to go about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Slyesco:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slyesco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates

shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gredpurushottam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help:Shell Script for Solaris to change the dates in a file by one week

I have to increase the date by one week in an input when script is executed in solaris. I was able to acheive this using ksh script that is working in Linux enivironment, when i execute the same script in Solaris i am getting below error: /var/tmp\n\r-> ./script.ksh date: illegal option -- d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriramanaramoju
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing dates in shell script

Hi All, I have a date variable say dt="2014-01-06 07:18:38" Now i need to use this variable to search a log and get the entries which occured after that time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Loop through Quarter dates

Hi, Trying to automate a Postgres query using Shell script Every month 1st week has to run a Monthly Queries to generate delimited files. July 1st start of fiscal yr which has 4 Quarters until next June 30th Example If I'm running on Sept 5th it has to generate one file(Becuase it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
12 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)