Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two files to get only records to be inserted and updated Post 302877518 by T@ni@ on Monday 2nd of December 2013 04:17:12 AM
Old 12-02-2013
Comparing two files to get only records to be inserted and updated

Hello all,

Please help me for a script that compares two files and reads only those records that are to be inserted and updated.
File1:
Code:
c_id    name   place   contact_no
1         abc       xyz      34567
10       efg        uvw     82725
6         hjk        wth      01823
2         iuy       wqa      9876

File2:
Code:
1         abc       xyz      34567
10       efg        uvw     77777
6         zzz        wth      01823
2         iuy       wqa      9876
3        axy         cde        3837

I want to create a file3 that would contain
Code:
10       efg        uvw     77777
6         zzz        wth      01823
3        axy         cde        3837

I have used the command:
Code:
comm -13 <(sort file1) <(sort file2) >file3

But somehow null records are coming to file3 which is preventing its loading in database.And the header is appended in the last line of file3.

Can anyone please help me fixing the problem.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-02-2013 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help comparing 2 files to find deleted records

Hi, I need to compare todays file to yesterdays file to find deletes. I cannot use comm -23 file.old file.new. Because each record may have a small change in it but is not really a delete. I have two delimited files. the first field in each file is static. All other fields may change. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output number of rows inserted, updated...

Hi all, I am new to Unix. I have written pl/sql script to be run in Unix. I have used Merge statement and subsequently would like to know the number of rows updated or inserted. Any suggestions in this regard would be great Thanks in advance Kushal (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushal_cog
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate records comparing 2 csv files

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing a column/field in the File2.csv. If both columns matches then I want that row to be deleted from File1 using shell script(awk). Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK,ACTIVE,1 VIJAY,ACTIVE,2 TAHA,ACTIVE,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only new and removed records by comparing to MySQL tables

Hello all; I have been really frustrated with finding the correct perl code (and MySql statements) to accomplish what I thought was straight forward...I have tested I don't know how many different codes\suggestions I found on the net without any success...but anyhow let me explain my plight and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updated files using awk

If third column contains null value then it should delete the row and i want to know the files which contains null value in 3rd column.Below code is not showing the updated files correctly..not sure what the issue is.plz help me #!/usr/bin/sh Scripts=/ushhquest/data001/Scripts cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in shell script db2 query for fetching and comparing records

hi.. my requirement is following: i want to have a shell script that queries a table i.e. fcm_auth in database fcmcore (I use db2) to get no of rows present for a given combination eg org and logo for past 5-10 mins interval. You can take some values of org(numerical values) and corresponding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date from filename inserted into records

Hi Folks, I have below files in one directory: Spiross-MBP:AIRTEMP spirospap$ ls -1 CPK2004001 CPK2004002 CPK2004003 etc... JFK2003001 JFK2003002 JFK2003003 etc... TEB1999001 TEB1999002 TEB1999003 etc... Month/year is in Filename and also in the file Header, first line. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: spirospap
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing fastq files and outputting common records

I have two files: File_1: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCAGAAGCAGCAT + GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8F ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)