Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to loop through the files Post 302877484 by ashkul123 on Sunday 1st of December 2013 07:47:53 PM
Old 12-01-2013
Hey guys, just came and saw the messages. Thank you so much for the help. Will try them out and revert back.

Cheers

---------- Post updated at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:42 PM ----------

Thanks, it worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to loop through files update ctl file to be sql loaded

I am currently trying to find a way to loop through files in a given directory and for each file modify a ctl file and sql load it. I have been using the sed command to change the infile, badfile parameters of the control file. I have not yet tried to sql load it. Requirement: files are ftp to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_nh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop through all files and directories.

I'm trying to write a script that will loop through all files and directories down from a path I give it, and change the permissions and ACL. I was able to do the obvious way and change the files and folders on the same level as teh path...but I need it to continue on deeper into the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
2 Replies

3. AIX

how to loop through non-empty files with shell script on AIX

I have av script that loops through some statistic files to create a report. We would like to only loop through non-empty files as these files create an empty report-line. I have figured out how to find the non-empty files, but not how to loop through only those files. Here is the code that finds... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tessa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to manipulate a script and store it in multiple output files

I have a script where the the 9th line looks like this: $filename=sprintf("250.1chr%d.ped", $N); I want to modify this script 1000 times, changing 250.1chr%d.ped to 250.2chr%d.ped, 250.3chr%.ped.......and so on all the way to 250.1000chr%d.ped and store each output in files called ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Shell Script To Loop Program Through Multiple Text Files

Hello, So I have approximately 300 files of raw data (.txt) files that I am using to perform statistical analysis. I have been able to construct a Fortran program that is able to perform my statistical analysis on a file by file basis. However, I now want to be able to loop program through... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through multiple files in bash script

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie to shell scripting, and I'd appreciate some help. I have a bunch of .txt files that have some unwanted content. I want to remove lines 1-3 and 1028-1098. #!/bin/bash for '*.txt' in <path to folder> do sed '1,3 d' "$f"; sed '1028,1098 d' "$f"; done I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BabyNuke
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to loop through files

Hi Team, I am new to shell scripting. I have the below requirement 1) Say if i am searching for 20160815 in a directory /dir 2) Now i need to get the files present in dir whose time stamp in greater than or equal to 20160815 3) Then i need to find the string 20160815 from the set of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajendra Kalepu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop Script and not opening files containing spaces

Hello, I wrote a simple script, that basically wait for a *.dat-file in a certain folder, which is always a zipped file and extracts it. It worked before and i changed nothing in the script, but since last week i have the problem, that it doesnt extract files containing a space. How do i make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blend_in
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)