Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing Post 302877476 by neutronscott on Sunday 1st of December 2013 03:58:52 PM
Old 12-01-2013
have a look at the processes using top.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

when i try to load Redhat 7.2

when i try to load Redhat 7.2 the screen gets all mished together as if it were a meltdown the book says its a prob with X but it dosnt really say what to do WINMe works fine i have a radeon 64 MB card 1 gig processor and 2 HDs on a Dell 1 GHZ how do i fix this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASpin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load error

hi i am facing a problem when i run a shell script to load a table.the error is Record 1: Rejected - Error on table TRENDS."SHP_CUST_ORD_ITM". ORA-14400: inserted partition key is beyond highest legal partition key Record 2: Rejected - Error on table TRENDS."SHP_CUST_ORD_ITM", column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: musavir19
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

HIgh Load

Hi All. In my production server the load is very high. normally it used to be less than 1,but now it is more than 5. I am new to unix all together. I want to know what is the reason behind high load. and if it is high what is the impact? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoti
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

5. Solaris

wine could not load

Hi All, I have wine error on solaris 10 , like's below : bash-3.00$ wine wine: creating configuration directory '/usr/user/zonk/.wine'... fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not supported on this platform fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zonk
0 Replies

6. Linux

Load balance

Hello anybody know how use Load balance in linux? Summer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
2 Replies

7. AIX

wsm does not load

Hi when I try to open wsm from the remote side I am not able to load wsm it gives me the error host cannot find the address xx.xx.xx.xx can anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Load spike

Hi, I would try to find out the load spike of memory utilization in the Servers before 2-3 hours ago., As the alerts are being triggering out by the altering system. I try to find out the utilization via the sar command, but how come I know which user and command is consuming more of memory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies
PROTECT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						PROTECT(1)

NAME
protect -- protect processes from being killed when swap space is exhausted SYNOPSIS
protect [-i] command protect [-cdi] -g pgrp | -p pid DESCRIPTION
The protect command is used to mark processes as protected. The kernel does not kill protected processes when swap space is exhausted. Note that this protected state is not inherited by child processes by default. The options are: -c Remove protection from the specified processes. -d Apply the operation to all current children of the specified processes. -i Apply the operation to all future children of the specified processes. -g pgrp Apply the operation to all processes in the specified process group. -p pid Apply the operation to the specified process. command Execute command as a protected process. Note that only one of the -p or -g flags may be specified when adjusting the state of existing processes. EXIT STATUS
The protect utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Mark the Xorg server as protected: pgrep Xorg | xargs protect -p Protect all ssh sessions and their child processes: pgrep sshd | xargs protect -dip Remove protection from all current and future processes: protect -cdi -p 1 SEE ALSO
procctl(2) BUGS
If you protect a runaway process that allocates all memory the system will deadlock. BSD
September 19, 2013 BSD