Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script? Post 302877467 by alfarnume on Sunday 1st of December 2013 02:40:27 PM
Old 12-01-2013
how didn't I think of that! wonderful. thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script invoking shel script.

Hi, I have a shell script which will start a process in my prodution server. I want to write one more script as a cron job, which will start the first script at regular intervals. My question is what are the things I have to make sure to invoke the first script in second script. Can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
3 Replies

3. Linux

Script to simulate hanging process

I want to create a script to simulate a process that hangs to test a java application. My java app executes a system command, which can also be executing scripts, etc. Any ideas on such a script? The java code is: Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = rt.exec("sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some clarification on for loop in shel script

for ( ( $i=0 ; $i<=6 ; $i++ ) ) do p=/RSA-Data/PE-data00"${i}" echo "$p" done --- i need output as below /RSA-Data/PE-data000 . . . /RSA-Data/PE-Data006 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate linux shell using script

hi guys I was requested to create a script to simulate a linux shell so when the user opens linux he will get my linux menu with some options and one of those is a simulated linux shell this is my code #!/bin/ksh while do read whichcmd?"Enter Command: " $whichcmd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
5 Replies

7. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate an execution queue with bash?

I'm running cygwin bash on windows 7 and I'm have some bat files that perform large builds and take a long time and a lot of memory. Therefor, I don't want to builds executing simultaneously (too much memory). How can I implement a queue so I can queue up multiple builds and only execute one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simulate keypress in bash

Hello everybody, I am using Windows 10 and cygwin/bash. I need to write a script in bash which simulates opening of a program and then press some keys such as F5, ENTER and ALT+F4. I have written a VBScript which does the job Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
9 Replies
KRB5_ACL_MATCH_FILE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				    KRB5_ACL_MATCH_FILE(3)

NAME
krb5_acl_match_file, krb5_acl_match_string -- ACL matching functions LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
krb5_error_code krb5_acl_match_file(krb5_context context, const char *file, const char *format, ...); krb5_error_code krb5_acl_match_string(krb5_context context, const char *string, const char *format, ...); DESCRIPTION
krb5_acl_match_file matches ACL format against each line in a file. Lines starting with # are treated like comments and ignored. krb5_acl_match_string matches ACL format against a string. The ACL format has three format specifiers: s, f, and r. Each specifier will retrieve one argument from the variable arguments for either matching or storing data. The input string is split up using " " and " " as a delimiter; multiple " " and " " in a row are considered to be the same. s Matches a string using strcmp(3) (case sensitive). f Matches the string with fnmatch(3). The flags argument (the last argument) passed to the fnmatch function is 0. r Returns a copy of the string in the char ** passed in; the copy must be freed with free(3). There is no need to free(3) the string on error: the function will clean up and set the pointer to NULL. All unknown format specifiers cause an error. EXAMPLES
char *s; ret = krb5_acl_match_string(context, "foo", "s", "foo"); if (ret) krb5_errx(context, 1, "acl didn't match"); ret = krb5_acl_match_string(context, "foo foo baz/kaka", "ss", "foo", &s, "foo/*"); if (ret) { /* no need to free(s) on error */ assert(s == NULL); krb5_errx(context, 1, "acl didn't match"); } free(s); SEE ALSO
krb5(3) BSD
May 12, 2006 BSD