Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++ Post 302877448 by frad on Sunday 1st of December 2013 12:14:59 PM
Old 12-01-2013
We can embed bash code in C++ with the system command or the define shellscript approach. When the bash code is a bit more advanced, for examples arrays or evaluation of variables of variables, errors appear.

An example of what I want to do:

Var1=good
Var2=excellent

I wish to echo Var1 and Var2 by using a two variable approach $var and $k. var=Var is stable and index "k" increases. This can be easily done in Bash:

Code:
var=VAR
k=0
VAR0=good
VAR1=excellent

Code:
for ((k=0; k < 2 ;k++))
do
eval "echo "\$$var$k""
done

This bash script I wish to embed in C++

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variables

Ummm can anybody help me with this one? Its prob quite simple. I bascially have a file name say J1x2x3x7.dat Im using the file name as a variable in a bash script. Want I want to do is extract most of the file name and make it a new variable expect with say one of the number now a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichieFondel
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem assigning variables to arrays

Hi All, I have a problem assigning variables to script.I have a script in which i have a while loop now i have to assign some values obtained to an array which will be used later in the script.Can anyone help how to do that. At present my scrot looks like: co=0 pco=0 co=`cat /tmp/highcpu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk arrays and variables

I have two arrays values aname = first aname = last I would like to assign a variable to both arrays seperated by a comma fname=(aname","aname) that example does not work but that's something I would like to accomplish. Is it possible to assign a printf output to a variable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morph797
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Field Replacement, Assigning Fields to Variables, Lists/Arrays?

Okay, I've made threads on extracting fields and comparing strings in separate files in .csv's. I've written the following code with intentions of learning more. I just want this one question answered: How can I assign fields from a file(comma separated) to variables? My goal is to check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating variables in bash

I am writing some scripts using bash and am wondering if there is a better way to perform the following set of formatting variables. s1=" " s2=" " s3=" " s4=" " s5=" " s6=" " s7=" " s8=" " frmt_titl="${bYl}%s${nClor}\n" frmt1_titl="${s1}$frmt_titl"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions and variables in bash

I have a bash script with some functions as below and am wondering if I can use the variables declared in setup in the other functions and in the rest of the bash script. setup(){ none=0; low=1; medium=2; high=3; debug=4 var1="red" var2="fred" } create_basemap() { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)