Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script? Post 302877445 by alfarnume on Sunday 1st of December 2013 12:03:05 PM
Old 12-01-2013
How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4

I am running the following script:

++++++++
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while [ 1 ]; do
  xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 &
 sleep 3
 done

+++++++++

This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the process for ever because of the while loop.

I need to simulate pressing the ''Esc'' keystroke because these is some warning after that click and if I press Escape manually than the script moves the mouse and click one more time and the warning appears again and ruins my life...

So basically after ''sleep 3'' i need to write code to simulate '' esc' keystroke...

Maybe it matters, I am running the script in a terminal window, and the clicks are on some other window on a web browser link.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script invoking shel script.

Hi, I have a shell script which will start a process in my prodution server. I want to write one more script as a cron job, which will start the first script at regular intervals. My question is what are the things I have to make sure to invoke the first script in second script. Can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
3 Replies

3. Linux

Script to simulate hanging process

I want to create a script to simulate a process that hangs to test a java application. My java app executes a system command, which can also be executing scripts, etc. Any ideas on such a script? The java code is: Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = rt.exec("sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some clarification on for loop in shel script

for ( ( $i=0 ; $i<=6 ; $i++ ) ) do p=/RSA-Data/PE-data00"${i}" echo "$p" done --- i need output as below /RSA-Data/PE-data000 . . . /RSA-Data/PE-Data006 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate linux shell using script

hi guys I was requested to create a script to simulate a linux shell so when the user opens linux he will get my linux menu with some options and one of those is a simulated linux shell this is my code #!/bin/ksh while do read whichcmd?"Enter Command: " $whichcmd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
5 Replies

7. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate an execution queue with bash?

I'm running cygwin bash on windows 7 and I'm have some bat files that perform large builds and take a long time and a lot of memory. Therefor, I don't want to builds executing simultaneously (too much memory). How can I implement a queue so I can queue up multiple builds and only execute one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simulate keypress in bash

Hello everybody, I am using Windows 10 and cygwin/bash. I need to write a script in bash which simulates opening of a program and then press some keys such as F5, ENTER and ALT+F4. I have written a VBScript which does the job Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
9 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)