Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem getting mailx to send true Bcc mail to multiple recipients Post 302877414 by legrandtimonier on Sunday 1st of December 2013 02:57:09 AM
Old 12-01-2013
Yes, -b included

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Yes, I did include the -b and a series of addresses separated by commas. If you can give me an example of how the syntax of a typical message would look that would be useful. Maybe there are parentheses or brackets or something else I missed in there, but I think I did it right, i.e.:
Code:
mailx -b person1@somewhere.com, person2@somewhere.com….

Regards,

Gary

Last edited by vbe; 12-01-2013 at 04:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx with multiple recipients

I am trying to use a file containing email addresses in my mailx command like the following: SUBJECT="Kronos User Report" BODY="kronos.txt" MAILTO="kronosmail.txt" mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $MAILTO < $BODY This works fine for the body of the message but for the recipient it says: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdhalepaska
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to send e-mail using mailx command

Hi All, Can you please help me in solving this. I am facing some problem sending mails. If I use like this, I am able to send mail the mail echo "This is an automated e-mail; please do not reply." | mailx -s "Good Morning ." 'abc@xys.com' But if I use like this, then I am unable to send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment using mail or mailx

I have a need to send a file from the unix command line to be sent as an attachment. Is this possible? That is when I open my outlook email I need to file to appear as an attachment. Also, is there a way to use the mail binary (not mailx) to modify the "reply address". mailx -r works but I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to send mail through mailx

Hi, I am using solaris 5.9 OS and I am facing an issues with mailx. My SMTP port is configured to listen 6190 and not the default one which is 25. I can send mail to my inbox when i do it manually through the following steps root@<dbname> # telnet 15.12.88.10 6190 Trying 15.12.88.10...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using mailx to CC only, not TO

Hi All, I am using mailx to send the mail. Due to some changes in the requirement, I need to send the mail to CC only (an Email id in CC), with no email ID in "TO" field. Can we do that? bcz I used -c flag only and got the message:":The flags you gave make no sense since you're not sending... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command - send mail as table format

I have to send a couple of rows that have been returned from a SQL query. I have written the output of the query to a file and while i try to print this in the mail body the formatting goes wrong. Intended Output in mail body: Col1 Col2 Col3 ------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send the mail using mail and mailx command

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from linux server but could'nt able to send the mail. I tried the below syntax's so far but no luck. mail -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com < /usr/g/txt.log cat "txt.log" | mailx -s "Hello world" abc@xyz.com mailx -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)