Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a large file in n records and skip a particular record Post 302877412 by Akshay Hegde on Sunday 1st of December 2013 01:10:20 AM
Old 12-01-2013
Thank you Don Cragun.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split A Large File

Hi, I have a large file(csv format) that I need to split into 2 files. The file looks something like Original_file.txt first name, family name, address a, b, c, d, e, f, and so on for over 100,00 lines I need to create two files from this one file. The condition is i need to ensure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Large File

HI, i've to split a large file which inputs seems like : Input file name_file.txt 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00003|CCCC|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMARA
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large file

I have a 3 GB text file that I would like to split. How can I do this? It's a giant comma-separated list of numbers. I would like to make it into about 20 files of ~100 MB each, with a custom header and footer. The file can only be split on commas, but they're plentiful. Something like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a single record to multiple records & add folder name to each line

Hi Gurus, I need to cut single record in the file(asdf) to multile records based on the number of bytes..(44 characters). So every record will have 44 characters. All the records should be in the same file..to each of these lines I need to add the folder(<date>) name. I have a dir. in which... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2581
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 1 record in large file!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering on how to delete a single record in a large file in unix. ex. file1.txt is 1000 records nikki1 nikki2 nikki3 what i want to do is delete the nikki2 record in file1.txt. is it possible? Please advise, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to skip record in file

I need to amend the code blow such that it reads a "black list" before the "print" statement; if "substr($1,1,6)" is found in the "blacklist" it will ignore that record and continue. the code is from an awk script that is being called from shell script which passes the input values. BEGIN { "date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazel
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split one record to multiple records?

Hi, I have one tab delimited file which is having multiple store_ids in first column seprated by pipe.I want to split the file on the basis of store_id(separating 1st record in to 2 records ). I tried some more options like below with using split,awk etc ,But not able to get proper output. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaggy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying To Split a Large File

Trying to split a 35gb file into 1000mb parts. My research shows I should you this. split -b 1000m file.txt and my return is "split: cannot open 'crunch1.txt' for reading: No such file or directory" so I tried split -b 1000m Documents/Wordlists/file.txt and I get nothing other than the curser just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub terra
3 Replies
CHOPTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CHOPTEST(8)

NAME
choptest - HylaFAX page chopping test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/choptest [ options ] input.tif DESCRIPTION
choptest is a program for testing the page chopping support in the HylaFAX software (specifically, in the faxq(8) program). choptest ana- lyzes a TIFF/F (TIFF Class F) file with 1-D MH- or 2-D MR-encoded data and reports what the automatic page chopping logic would do if the file were submitted for transmission. Options are provided for controlling whether choptest checks the last page or all pages of the docu- ment, and what whitespace threshold to use in deciding if a page should be chopped. OPTIONS
-a Chop all pages in the document. This is equivalent to setting the PageChop configuration parameter to ``all''; c.f. hylafax- config(5). By default only the last page of the document is considered. -t inches Set the minimum whitespace threshold that must be present on a page for it to be chopped. This is equivalent to the Page- ChopThreshold configuration parameter; c.f. hylafax-config(5). By default choptest requires that at least 3 inches of trailing whitespace be present. EXAMPLES
The following shows a multi-page, high-resolution document. Each page has insufficient whitespace for it to be chopped. hyla% ./choptest -a ~/tiff/pics/faxix.tif Chop pages with >=3" of white space at the bottom. Don't chop, found 67 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 67 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 67 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 53 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 91 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 99 rows, need 588 rows Don't chop, found 47 rows, need 588 rows SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-config(5) October 3, 1995 CHOPTEST(8)