Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Appling Patch to kernel
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Appling Patch to kernel Post 302877363 by alister on Saturday 30th of November 2013 06:30:32 AM
Old 11-30-2013
At the very top of the Linux kernel source tree there is a file named README. The answer to your question is there.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Where/What/Howto solve warning/error msg about Kernel patch level?

required Solaris 5.10 Kernel patch 137111-03 required Solaris 5.10 Fibre Channel Device Driver patch 125184-08 I want to know about the descriptions and what the patches will do. I searched www.sun.com (patches/updates) but don't see I am looking for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Issue with kernel patch installation...

I tried to install the kernel patch 118855-36 in my x86 machine which has Solaris 10 installed. Find below the error message.... #patchadd 118855-36 Checking patches that you specified for installation. Done! Approved patches will be installed in this order: 118855-36 Executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paventhan
1 Replies

6. Linux

How to get installed kernel patch info

Hi I want to get the info about which version of kernel patchs are installed in my system. I am using susu10. Rgds, ashokd009 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

7. SuSE

How to Patch SuSe machine including Kernel.

Thanks guys I have machines running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 I need to update the Kernel too..... Any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks a lot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel Patch level of ABE.

Hi, Anyone able to advise on how to find the kernel patch level of an ABE? showrev and uname -a will provide kernel patch details of the running environment, but how can I run these commands against the ABE or where do these commands get their information from i.e. is the kernel patch level... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD