Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Localization and Autotools
Top Forums Programming Localization and Autotools Post 302877304 by slumber on Friday 29th of November 2013 04:02:38 PM
Old 11-29-2013
Localization and Autotools

Thanks for your reply. maybe I was too unspecific, but this is not what I was looking for. Imagine the following situation: I have a already created piece of software that has English localization and comes with Autotools configuration. I'd like to understand the steps I have to go through to add an e.g. french localization as well. What are the things I need to look at (e.g. by changing the configuration, add something etc), to have Autotools package take care on the newly added fr.po file (translate it intot an fr.gmo file, copy it to the local language folder etc). Hopefully this will make it clearer?

Cheers,
Max

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Localization

I would like to know the methods or concept of how localization as made in regards to Web pages. I mean generally web servers render pages in different language but the content are same. How the translation are made? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Localization in Albanian language

Hi, I need to localize SCO Open Server 5.0.7 in Albanian Language. Does anyone have any experience in SCO localization. Where should I start? :confused: I googled but did not find any hint or clue. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas66
2 Replies
WORDS(5)						     Linux Programmers Manual							  WORDS(5)

NAME
french - a list of french words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/french is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/alternatives/dictionary is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/alternatives/dictionary, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See update-alternatives(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/ameri- can-english and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of English and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), update-alternatives(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. Linux 29 Sept 1998 WORDS(5)