Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX Boot failure.
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX Boot failure. Post 302877230 by vbe on Friday 29th of November 2013 07:36:35 AM
Old 11-29-2013
You have 2 bad dimms, if they are of 4 GB, that means you have no more memory...
In MP, have you tried to use XD ? ( Diag and reset...)
Sorry off again...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX respawning boot failure

Hello. System is a HP Visualize C3600 running X11 and after a power failure machine will not boot (see error messages below) From what I've read, this may be caused by a corrupted etc/inittab file. Solution suggested on other websites is to boot in single user mode and edit file inittab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westcoast
2 Replies

2. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

3. Solaris

INT18 boot failure

I installed solaris virtually and tried to format the partitions .. I dont know what went wrong, It got rebooted and hangs in the screen "No partitions" and after pressing Enter button it goes to "INT18 boot failure" and hangs there once again . Could any one of you suggest why this has happened... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot failure

I have installed Solaris 10 OS in Sun Virtual Box that uses x86 32 bit system. After an abnormal shutdown i'm getting the following message on the console when i try to boot. SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_127128_11 32-bit Copyright 1983-200 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserrved. Use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
3 Replies

5. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

6. Debian

clusterKnoppix Live Cd boot failure

I'm trying to run clusterKnoppix live cd from a couple machines but it only works from one computer. The other three, my toshiba laptop, emachine, and hp machine can't find the filesystem.. the live cd stops booting and gives me a error saying it couldn't find knoppix filesystem and then gives me a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamhe
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

fail to boot HPUX

HPUX running in D-Class (L1000), pretty old HPUX version - hpux 11.00 Attempt 1 -- To boot from normal (primary) Unable to boot - system complains failure SYSTEM ALERT System Name : uninitialized DATE : 10/22/2011 Time : 03/41:12 Alert Level 15 = Fatal hardware or configuration... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Failure to boot v445

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with a v445 which I have been informed will only boot with the reconfigure option enabled. It is attached to HP SAN storage using qla2300 FCA's with a Veritas encapsulated rootvoldg (No Laughing here please) when I try a reboot I get the following error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
sys_attrs_bparm(5)						File Formats Manual						sys_attrs_bparm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_bparm - bparm subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Boot Parameters (bparm) kernel subsystem. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. Identifies the device from which the system was last booted. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment vari- able with the same name. Do not modify this value, which is set when the system boots. A combination of flags that controls the boot loader and kernel. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Values for the variable are: Boot to multiuser mode. By default, the kernel boots to single-user mode. Enable the kdebug debugger to debug the kernel. By default, kdebug is not enabled in the kernel. Produce full dumps when the system crashes. By default, partial dumps are produced. Prompt for an alternate kernel and special arguments when the system is booted. By default, no questions are asked. Set boot_osflags only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. Identifies the boot device to be used when one is not included in the boot command line. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Set bootdef_dev only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. SEE ALSO
Commands: consvar(8) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_bparm(5)