Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find ls of similar pattern files in a directory by passing the variable. Post 302877203 by satishmallidi on Friday 29th of November 2013 01:08:12 AM
Old 11-29-2013
To find ls of similar pattern files in a directory by passing the variable.

Hi,

I have file in my $datadir as below :-
Code:
SAT_1.txt
SAT_2.txt
BAT_UD.lst
BAT_DD1.lst
DUTT_1.txt
DUTT_la.txt

Expected result :-
should get all the above file in $<Filename>_file.lst

Below is my code :-
Code:

for i in SAT BAT DUTT
do
touch a.lst
cd $datadir
ls -1 $i_* >> $i_file.lst
done

problem :-
ls -1 $i_* is getting read as ls -1 *

Am i missing anything ..Plz help me out.

Thanks inn advance.

Regards,
Satish.

Last edited by vbe; 11-29-2013 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: code tags please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating similar files in a directory

Hi, I am new in unix. I have below requirement: I have two files at the same directory location File1.txt and File2.txt (just an example, real scenario we might have File2 and File3 OR File6 and File7....) File1.txt has : header1 record1 trailer1 File2.txt has: header2 record2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak62828r
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in a pattern directory?

Hi, I have more than 1000 directories under one directory (lets says under /home/). Sub directories are like A1 to A100,B1 to B100 etc.. Here my problem is I need to find the files older than 10 days in the directories which starts with A*. I tried some thing like this which is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shhrikanth
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete X amount of similar files in a directory

Need a Unix command to save the last 20 versions of a file in a specific directory and delete everything else. Date is irrelevant. Anyone aware of such an animal? In my test, I came up with: ls -t1 /tmp/testfile* | tail -n +20 | xargs rm I don’t quite trust the author though! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rwsherman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the similar directory

Hi I have one directory whose name i don't remember exactly only starting letter i know which is Resp. Can you please let me know the command to find the similar directory in the root. Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find similar values in different files

Hello, I have 4 files like this: file1: cg24163616 15 297 cg09335911 123 297 cg13515808 565 776 cg12242345 499 705 cg22905282 225 427 cg16674860 286 779 cg14251734 303 724 cg19316579 211 717 cg00612625 422 643 file2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to find files that are similar.

Hello all, I have a server that is running AIX, running a tool that converts various printstreams (AFP/Metadata) to PDF. This is done using a rexx script and an off the shelf utility. Each report (there's around 125) uses a certain script file, it's basically a text file. I am trying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the files older than x days with similar directory structure?

Hello, I need to move all the files inside /XYZ (has multi-depth sub directories) that are older than 14 days to/ABC directory but with retaining the SAME directory structure. for example: /XYZ/1/2/3/A/b.txt should be moved as /ABC/1/2/3/A/b.txt I know about find /XYZ -type f -mtime +14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies
ajdoc(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ajdoc(1)

NAME
ajdoc -- generate HTML API documentation, including crosscutting structure SYNOPSIS
ajdoc [ -bootclasspath classpathlist ] [ -classpath classpathlist ] [-d path] [-help] [-package] [-pro- tected] [-private] [-public] [-overview overviewFile] [ -sourcepath sourcepathlist ] [-verbose] [-version] [source- files... | packages... | @file... | -argfile file... ] [ ajc options ] Description ajdoc renders HTML documentation for AspectJ constructs as well as the Java constructs that javadoc renders. In addition ajdoc displays the crosscutting nature in the form of links. That means, for example, that you can see everything affecting a method when reading the doc- umentation for the method. To run ajdoc, use one of the scripts in the AspectJ bin directory. The ajdoc implementation builds on Sun's javadoc command line tool, and you use it in the same way with many of the same options (javadoc options are not documented here; for more information on javadoc usage, see the Javadoc homepage http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/) . As with ajc (but unlike javadoc), you pass ajdoc all your aspect source files and any files containing types affected by the aspects; it's often easiest to just pass all the .java and .aj files in your system. Unlike ajc, ajdoc will try to find package sources using the speci- fied sourcepath if you list packages on the command line. To provide an argfile listing the source files, you can use use the same argfile (@filename) conventions as with ajc. For example, the following documents all the source files listed in argfile.lst, sending the output to the docDir output directory. ajdoc -d docDir @argfile.lst See the ajc documentation for details on the text file format. ajdoc honours ajc options. See the ajc documentation for details on these options. ajdoc currently requires the tools.jar from J2SE 1.3 to be on the classpath. Normally the scripts set this up, assuming that your JAVA_HOME variable points to an appropriate installation of Java. You may need to provide this jar when using a different version of Java or a JRE. Examples Documenting Spacewar o Change into the examples directory. o Type mkdir doc destination directory for the documentation. o Type ajdoc -private -d doc spacewar coordination o (Use -private to get all members, since may of the interesting ones in spacewar are not public.) o Type ajdoc -private -d doc @spacewar/demo.lst to use the argfile associated with Spacewar. o To view the documentation, open the file index.html in the doc directory using a web browser. ajdoc(1)