Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in case Post 302877093 by radoulov on Thursday 28th of November 2013 05:29:19 AM
Old 11-28-2013
To get the entire line containing the IP:
Code:
_ips=(
  tool1_127.3.3.1
  tool1_127.3.3.2
  tool1_127.3.3.3
  tool2_127.3.3.4
  tool2_127.3.3.5
  tool2_127.3.3.6
  )

for _t_ip in "${_ips[@]}"; do
  _record=$(
    grep -w "${_t_ip##*_}" file.txt
    ) &&
    echo send mail -- connection -- append from "${_t_ip%_*}" -- detail "$_record"
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in using case statement

Hi, I have a script as below: ....................................................................... rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2$3$4 }' file_1.txt } title="`rpttxt "TITLE"`" ......................................................................... The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Switch Case

Hi Experts team, i wish to use switch case in unix. my req is case $code in 1111) echo "1111" 1112) echo "1112" *) echo "default" esac see eventhough for particular case 1111 , it is always execute the default statement *), if i code like this. How can handle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)

NAME
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting - How to do regression testing (for free!) SYNOPSIS
use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; DESCRIPTION
Say that LectroTest uncovers a bug in your software by finding a random test case that proves one of your properties to be false. If you apply a fix for the bug, how can you be sure that LectroTest will re-test the property using the exact same test case that "broke" it before, just to be certain the bug really is fixed? And how can you be sure that future changes to your code will not reintroduce the same bug without your knowing it? For situations like these, LectroTest can record failure-causing test cases to a file, and it can play those test cases back as part of its normal testing strategy. The easiest way to take advantage of this feature is to set the regressions parameter when you "use" Test::LectroTest or Test::LectroTest::Compat: use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; This tells LectroTest to use the file "regressions.txt" for both recording and playing back failures. If you want to record and play back from separate files, use the record_failures and playback_failures options: use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; Here is how it works: 1. When testing a property named N, LectroTest will check for a play-back file. If the file exists, LectroTest will search it for test cases associated with N. If any such test cases exist, LectroTest will play them back before and in addition to performing the usual, random testing of the property. 2. When performing the usual, random testing of a property named N, if a failure occurs (i.e., LectroTest finds a counterexample), LectroTest will record the test case that caused the failure to the recording file, associating the test case with the name N. NOTE: If you pass any of the recording or playback parameters to Test::LectroTest::Compat, you must have version 0.3500 or greater of Test::LectroTest installed. (Module authors, update your modules' build dependencies accordingly.) The Test::LectroTest module itself, however, has always ignored unfamiliar parameters, and thus these options are backward compatible with older versions. SEE ALSO
Test::LectroTest gives a quick overview of automatic, specification-based testing with LectroTest. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. Test::LectroTest::Compat lets you mix LectroTest with the popular family of Test::Builder-based modules such as Test::Simple and Test::More. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. LECTROTEST HOME
The LectroTest home is http://community.moertel.com/LectroTest. There you will find more documentation, presentations, mailing-list archives, a wiki, and other helpful LectroTest-related resources. It's also the best place to ask questions. AUTHOR
Tom Moertel (tom@moertel.com) COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2004-06 by Thomas G Moertel. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2007-08-30 Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)