Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in case Post 302877088 by netdbaind on Thursday 28th of November 2013 04:51:16 AM
Old 11-28-2013
Thanks a lot..!! Radoulov.

I guess we are not receiving the file.txt full line with this detail

Code:
"25319","45162","TEST","ADMIN","127.3.3.1","select * from test","2013-11-27 19:38:28","2013-11-27 19:38:28",11"25319","45162","TEST","ADMIN","127.3.3.4","select * from test","2013-11-27 19:38:28","2013-11-27 19:38:28",11

Can we add if ip address is this,this will append mail with full detail like above format in a file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in using case statement

Hi, I have a script as below: ....................................................................... rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2$3$4 }' file_1.txt } title="`rpttxt "TITLE"`" ......................................................................... The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Switch Case

Hi Experts team, i wish to use switch case in unix. my req is case $code in 1111) echo "1111" 1112) echo "1112" *) echo "default" esac see eventhough for particular case 1111 , it is always execute the default statement *), if i code like this. How can handle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)