Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variable in bash help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable in bash help Post 302877082 by radoulov on Thursday 28th of November 2013 03:51:59 AM
Old 11-28-2013
Quote:
I don't want to write zz="c $aa " after aa=gggg
Why?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH get variable according to name of another variable

Just started BASH scripting, and I tried to make a script 'args' to display all of the arguments that I give to it. #!/bin/bash if then echo "No arguments specified." fi val= for ((i=1; i <= $# ; i++)) do eval "\$val=\$$i" echo "Argument number $i is $var." done However... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: test_test
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the value of one variable to name another variable (in bash)

Hello all, I'm working on a script, and as part of it, I'm trying to create a loop that will run through a stored piece of information a certain number of times pulling out information, and each time create a variable with a unique name that will store that information. I'm sure it's a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]variable does not keep its value

Hello all, I have this shell script, but do not understand why the variables inside the if block does not keep its value outside. Is it because of the pipe ? How can i fix this problem ? Thank you for helping. local alarm="" local num_alarm=0 local -a alarms ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trickstar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - define a variable

Hello, I would like to define a variable based on another variable: a=5 b$a=100 This does not work. What is the right way to do it? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:33 PM ---------- Found my answer with the search function (did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - Variable made of variable

Hello, I am struggling with using variable made using "eval". a=4 eval b$a=20 echo $b$a ??? As shown above, I am trying to call back the variable "bX" assuming I do not know the value of "a". How can I do that? I tried several combinations but nothing worked. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use variable in bash

$ p="1 2 5 8" $ set -- $p $ echo $3 5 $ k=3 $ echo \$${k} $3 I want the "echo \$${k}" to get the output 5 , how to modify ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable within variable

Hello, Can I ask how to expand variable that contains another in bash? I need to loop variable within another one like this: RD1=testgrp RD2=testgroup RD3=testgroupfile RD4=tstgroup ... RD40=try2013 DEST=/home/king/finaldir for i in {1..40}; do mv ${RD${i}} ${DEST} done I do not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using RegEx with variable within bash if [[ ]]

I stumbled upon a problem, which I simplified to this: There is a list of numbers, stored in variable $LIST, lets use `seq 5 25` for demonstration. There is a number that should be compared against this list. For demonstration I use user input - read VALUE I am trying to compare RegEx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorbeg
2 Replies
page_util_quote(3tcl)					      Parser generator tools					     page_util_quote(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(3tcl)