Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in case Post 302877073 by radoulov on Thursday 28th of November 2013 03:14:08 AM
Old 11-28-2013
Thanks! How can we know the tool name associated to the example IP?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in using case statement

Hi, I have a script as below: ....................................................................... rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2$3$4 }' file_1.txt } title="`rpttxt "TITLE"`" ......................................................................... The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Switch Case

Hi Experts team, i wish to use switch case in unix. my req is case $code in 1111) echo "1111" 1112) echo "1112" *) echo "default" esac see eventhough for particular case 1111 , it is always execute the default statement *), if i code like this. How can handle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y|--no-prompt|--prompt] [<file>]... DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid merge tools are: kdiff3, tkdiff, meld, xxdiff, emerge, vimdiff, gvimdiff, ecmerge, diffuse, tortoisemerge, opendiff, p4merge and araxis. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. AUTHOR
Written by Theodore Y Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Theodore Y Ts'o. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. tytso@mit.edu mailto:tytso@mit.edu Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)