Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [SOLVED] Which setting is done on Server to get this message? Post 302876903 by manalisharmabe on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 05:14:55 AM
Old 11-27-2013
RedHat [SOLVED] Which setting is done on Server to get this message?

HI Guys,

System is Solaris 10

I need to know where exactly the setting is done so as to get below email to us:-
Code:

Job-Scheduler@server31 [mailto:sysmgr@server31.sys.com] Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:15 AM To: sysmgr@server31.sys.com Subject: Output from "cron" command Your "cron" job on server31 /usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios produced the following output: /opt/SUNWexplo/output/explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/disks /opt/SUNWexplo/output/explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/disks /opt/SUNWexplo/output a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/ 0K a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/rda/ 0K a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/rda/RDA.log 7K

where server31 is the server name.

Below entry is scheduled in crontab:-
/usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios

like this:-

Code:
45 02 * * 1     /usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios

Whenever this script gets executed we get above mail , but now we are not getting it, what could be the problem.

I am not so sound in mailing stuff, however I found that sendmail is running as follows:-

Code:
svcs -a | grep sendmail
online         Jun_10   svc:/network/sendmail-client:default
online         Jun_10   svc:/network/smtp:sendmail

Please do suggest me what is the probplem and where exactly is the root cause.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up web server

Is there any good resources for setting up a unix web server, I mean starting with the basics for a extremely new newbie. Thanks Scott (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up internet server

Hello, Corrently we are useing winproxy to use internet. my client desktops connects to winproxy using tcpip and get the access, now we have changed windows opreating system to linux 7.1. my problem is i am able to connect internet on linux machine but now i wants all clients connect to linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
2 Replies

3. Linux

Setting up Wu-FTPD server

Hey, I'm running RH 7.1 and i want to beable to swap files back and from it. I've got Wu-ftpd installed and when i try to connect on my windows box with my root account it says to login so i type root and my password and it says that it's an incorrect login. I know i have to add it to a login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

4. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with setting up linux server

Hello, I recently got my first "real" job, i come from a *microsoft* world, I'm being asked to setup from scratch a database and a webserver that allows users to view/add/edit data (intranet). I installed Ubuntu Server 7.10 which comes with LAMP (apache 2.*, mysql5.* and php 5.*) The only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on setting up Centralized Server

Hello All, I am working on SuSe Linux Platform. Some times ago i got an issue with an application for which i had to update that in all desktops (SLED == SuSe Linux Desktop). Since this time number of desktops were less then it was possible to go and update package manually. But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirsha
1 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] how to send an integer via message queue?

how can i send an integer via message queue? i try this, but it doesn't work, child process receive 13345943 instead of 5 #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/msg.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/sem.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafazzi87
2 Replies

9. Linux

Confusion setting up server

20GB space (1GB Swap),and installed Centos 5.7-x86 arch. I want to use this VPS to host 2-4 domains, all of WordPress. What I want to ask is: 1. Do I need a VPS management software before installing Webuzo (from Softaculous)? If yes, what was his name? 2. Do I need to install the software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byeron
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Cant get message body

Hi guys . I am trying to take the output of top command and mail it to myself . The code is : echo ############################################################## /usr/local/bin/top c n 1 b >> /export/home/top-output.txt echo ############################################################## ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)