Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting 3 files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connecting 3 files Post 302876778 by Yoda on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 02:13:28 PM
Old 11-26-2013
Did you make any modifications in the awk program that I posted?

Another suggestion: If you are on SunOS / Solaris try using nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting ....sql

if; sqlplus /nolog <<EOF conn / as sysdba spool /tmp/start.out @/oracle/home/start.sql spool off exit EOF fi For this code i am getting error: Test.sh: syntax error at line 7 : `<<' unmatched (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting the ip address

Hi, I have three ip address say x.x.x.x , y.y.y.y and z.z.z.z I am connecting to x.x.x.x first and from there i am telnet y.y.y.y and getting into y and from there i am telnet to z i want to know, can we write a script, which can automatically connect from x to y and from y to z.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Connecting to SAN

I am about to attempt to connect my sun 280R boxes to a EMC SAN. I have Qlogic cards that came from Sun. I am going to load traffic manager, navisphere client. what else do i need, sun foundation suite ro somehting? This is the first time ive ever connected to a SAN. any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

4. AIX

Connecting to DB

Is it possible to connect to two databases in a single query with different username and passwords? provide an example pls (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to website

Okay, here's the situation: I have a UNIX box hosting a website. The website is basically there to hold a .swf file; when you go to the URL, the .swf file loads, and it pulls data from a database on another computer into a cache. The cache holds things for 24 hours. This all works fine, so it's... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSchow
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting Two Unix Computers To Share Files

I was wondering if I could get some help with two of my Unix computers. Bare with me as I am new to this software and, hardly know anything on these computers, except based on what I have already worked with them. Here is my issue. I have two unix computers setup together, not connected... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeNblack
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting lines of 2 different files

How would i connect the lines of 2 different files? Also how would i reissue the command to use an equal signsas the seperators between the fields? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)