Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ftp connectivity between two UNIX servers Post 302876753 by DGPickett on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 12:18:30 PM
Old 11-26-2013
It seems odd that you have a 24 bit lan aove an 16 bit lan (10.*.*.* over 10.100.*.*).

Traceroute in each direction should show you the routing out and back. However, if routing is bad, ping should fail.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP between two UNIX servers

Hi I have server A and server B. On server B the directory is called /tmp/hmp On server A I want to get the files on server B:/tmp/hmp via FTP. After I have got the files via FTP I have to delete them. In the script below I'm affraid of that I delete files before I get them by ftp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpedersen4
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

4. Solaris

connectivity between servers

We have two servers A and B (both running Solaris 10) out of which one is application server and the other is database server. The two servers faced certain network issues and the two servers were temporarily disconnected.this happened around 5AM GMT monday.Can anyone suggest some log files or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Connectivity problem in two servers.

HI I have made a connection with external server which is also UNIX. I was tryign connectivity with this by telnet which fails and ping i sshowing socket is alive and traceroute tells the asterisk astersik:traceroute to 153.88.182.28 (153.88.182.28), 30 hops max, 8080 byte packets 1 * * * 2 *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity using unix

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database through Unix serer using following command- mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase But it giving me error - mysql: unknown option '-J' Can anybody help me to solve this problm Thanks in advance Please use code tags, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with Windows to Unix connectivity

Hi Can we pass the parameter from the excel in windows and invoke the unix shell script from excel VBA by passing this parameter and get the results of shell script to the excel sheet? We tried to get the things in unix independently but we still strucked in connecting the excel to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with to check the tcp network connectivity between servers and hosts

ello, i am new to the networking side. I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. please help me where i am going wrong. my code: #!/bin/bash #read the file line by line cd "$1" cat... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Establishing connectivity between two servers

I am trying to establish passwordless connectivity between server A and server B, but unsuccessfuly, because I beleive two issues. the first one is that on both servers, it is not possible to use root to login, it only allows to connect using a user (any) them su - root, which in turns I am able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
DNROUTE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DNROUTE(8)

NAME
dnroute - DECnet Routing Daemon SYNOPSIS
dnroute [options] Options: [-dvV2Dtnhr] DESCRIPTION
dnroute is a daemon that manages the DECnet routing tables to provide a simple but probably useful routing policy. dnroute listens for incoming routing messages and adds routes in the kernel for non-local areas that it sees. Routes will be modifed according to these messages so that the lowest cost route that is up will always be used. Routes to locally accessible nodes (it those in the neighbour table) will also be added. If you want to keep manual control of the route to a particular area, then add a line into dnroute.conf. eg: manual 26 will disable dnroute's setting of routing tables for that area. dnetinfo will still show the route that would have been set with (M) on the line to show it has been overidden. To implement its routing policies dnroute assumes that all interfaces on the system have a cost of 4. To change this add lines in /etc/dnroute.conf for each of the interfaces you need to change. eg eth0 6 eth1 8 tap0 10 A script called dnetinfo is provided that gets the routing information from dnroute and displays it on stdout in a format similar to the VMS command SHOW NET/OLD. OPTIONS
-d Don't fork and run the background. Use this for debugging. -v Verbose. Log route changes to syslog. -D Debug log. Writes debugging information to stderr. Only useful with -d. -h -? Displays help for using the command. -r Send DECnet routing messages showing the state of local nodes. -2 Send DECnet level 2 (area) routing messages. Implies -r. -t <secs> Timer to send routing messages on. Defaults to 15 seconds. -n Do not set up routes or send routing messages, just monitor the network. Useful for testing. -V Show the version of dnroute. SEE ALSO
dnetd.conf(5), ip(8) DECnet utilities March 30 2006 DNROUTE(8)