Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminal telnet echos garbage Post 302876559 by olyanderson on Monday 25th of November 2013 11:20:29 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Terminal telnet echos garbage

i am trying to make powerterm not echo back this charactor.

Code:

When I press control-C I get it that telnet charactor/garbage echos back.

how to turn off? where? what config? is there something in powerterm
to switch on/off? I do not see it.

Redhats offical statement is:

"I will look over the provided profile script, but as we discussed this issue is only reproducible with the specific terminal emulation being used in powerterm, and therfore falls outside the scope of support."

:|

whatever... any suggestions? thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal

I'm completely new to Unix, but familiar with Mac OSX. I've just discovered the command line terminal feature of this new OS and I'm trying to learn how to telnet into my host's server to change permissions to allow executable cgi scripts for my website. Is there anyone who might be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tylerl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple echos and cuts too slow

Hi guys, hopefully this hasn't been asked before - couldn't see the question anywhere. I have a large number of timestamps (hh-mm-ss-millisecond) that I need to find the difference between e.g.: 14-11-07-513 14-11-07-644 Now the script that I have just knocked up is horrifically slow,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

No terminal (tty) after ssh and telnet also

Hi all, we are just confused about a strange problem on one server in production (XServer, running OSXS 10.5.6). It works normal for month. Since two day everthing seems to be fine also with one exception. When we connect trough ssh we won't get a tty session. For testing purposes, we enabled... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank.Knobloch
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipeing Individual Echos

Hello Yes I'm a noob so thanks for your help. I have a unix exicutable that renders video under os x (unix). As it renders frames it echos (or outputs) information to the terminal about which frame it's up too an how long it took etc. I am looking for a way to pipe this information so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortocks
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences between Telnet and Terminal Emulation?

HI , I am little confused about differences between Telnet and Terminal Emulation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Garbage value

I write a program to find a palindromic region in given sequences. but it dosen't seems to be run well. please give me your suggestions INPUT: AGCTAGCTCGAAGGTAG code is here #!/usr/bin/perl #Palindromic sequence print "enter the sequence:\n"; $rna = <STDIN>; chomp $rna; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_singh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some % of Garbage Collection

I need to write a python script that will look at the local gc logs. 6 sys=0.00, real=0.06 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:12.029-0500: 1072696.494: 2791209K->1995953K(2796544K)] 2803355K->1995953K(4164608K), , 3.0299555 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:17.149-0500: 1072701.614: 3334321K->2008193K(4167680K),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
DB2_ROLLBACK(3) 							 1							   DB2_ROLLBACK(3)

db2_rollback - Rolls back a transaction

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_rollback (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Rolls back an in-progress transaction on the specified connection resource and begins a new transaction. PHP applications normally default to AUTOCOMMIT mode, so db2_rollback(3) normally has no effect unless AUTOCOMMIT has been turned off for the connection resource. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Rolling back a DELETE statement In the following example, we count the number of rows in a table, turn off AUTOCOMMIT mode on a database connection, delete all of the rows in the table and return the count of 0 to prove that the rows have been removed. We then issue db2_rollback(3) and return the updated count of rows in the table to show that the number is the same as before we issued the DELETE statement. The return to the original state of the table demonstrates that the roll back of the transaction succeeded. <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); if ($conn) { $stmt = db2_exec($conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals"); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; // Turn AUTOCOMMIT off db2_autocommit($conn, DB2_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF); // Delete all rows from ANIMALS db2_exec($conn, "DELETE FROM animals"); $stmt = db2_exec($conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals"); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; // Roll back the DELETE statement db2_rollback( $conn ); $stmt = db2_exec( $conn, "SELECT count(*) FROM animals" ); $res = db2_fetch_array( $stmt ); echo $res[0] . " "; db2_close($conn); } ?> The above example will output: 7 0 7 SEE ALSO
db2_autocommit(3), db2_commit(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_ROLLBACK(3)