Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU and Memory Statistics Collection Across Many Servers Post 302876552 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of November 2013 11:01:14 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Show the input you have and show the output you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find how many CPU installed in the servers

We are using HP unix how to find out how many number of CPU's in the system. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salaathi
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

more memory utilization in ux Servers

Hi, Please let me know what are all the reasons in increase in the Memory utilisation of ux servers, and the solutions to face those issues caused by the memory utilisation (memeory Likage)? Thanks in Advance! regards, kishan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

3. Programming

C/C++ library for CPU statistics

Hi all, This is my first post, so at the beginning I would like to be nice and say: "Hello all!" :) I am looking for a C/C++ library for Linux CPU statistics. All I found is that it is possible to parse two files: /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/stat to gain some needed information, but I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebucka
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

5. AIX

Pin Memory Statistics

Hi, We have an issue on our lpar where the pin memory usage slowly and regularly increases approx 1.5% a day until it reaches its 80% threshold We have to regularly reboot the lpars to release the pin memory as we have found that killing all processes does not release it. However,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GarciasMuffin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun MC, Display memory Statistics Graph

Hi, I can't seem to get Graphs using Report Manager for Memory and Hard Disk. Only CPU is working fine. Following are some screen shots: - Sun Management Center 4.0 http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7555/smcu.jpg - Performance Report http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3015/reportdo.jpg By... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

7. AIX

Monitor Physical CPU usage on multiple servers

Hello, Looking for some help. I am trying to gather data at each server showing when the physical CPU is being used the most based on a weekly timeframe. I know this data can be seen through NMON but with multiple servers in our environment it could take a real long time. is there a easier... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Tool suggestion for collection CPU/memory Stats

Hi, We have around 1000 server (Red Hat + Suse + Parallels + Solaris-9/10/11). Every month, we generate a report for all servers for CPU and Memory utilization in 'percentage used'. This report is generated from HP Openview and frequency is every file minutes. In HP OpenView, we are picking 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU Usage statistics Dump in a text file over a period of time

I am facing issue related to performance of one customized application running on RHEL 5.9. The application stalls for some unknown reason that I need to track. For that I require some tool or shell scripts that can monitor the CPU usage statistics (what we get in TOP or in more detail by other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Required cpu , memory, df output in mail for multiple servers

I have prepared script which will collect cpu, memory and df out out for multiple server and send in one mail, but my script only run in one server, and when I send to mail, it shows in text format. it should be show actual format. if any one can help , that would be very grateful. script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD