Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Trouble compiling program using the readline library. Post 302876545 by cjcox on Monday 25th of November 2013 10:14:12 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Add -lncurses
This User Gave Thanks to cjcox For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling a program

Hello. I am trying to run a c program on a unix shell (ssh). I have searched this forum but have not come accross the soultion to my problem, so I am posting my question here :cool: I wrote the following simple code: #include <iostream.h> using namespace std; int main() { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

2. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

3. Programming

Compiling a C program

Help I know nothing about c programming. :confused: I want to compile the below c program. It extracts data from an oracle database into csv files. I have oracle 9206 installed with ProC. I dont have gcc My question is. How the hell do I make this into an file I can run? I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooploo
3 Replies

4. Programming

help on compiling a C program on Tiger

here is the very simple bob.c: main() { printf("hello"); } i use tiger and i use the command: gcc bob.c and the end result: bob.c: In function ‘main': bob.c:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function /‘printf' any help appreciated, i'm just starting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

5. Linux

Compiling with multiple versions of a library

Hello! I have a set of headers and libraries I want to use but they are mixed with ones I do not want to use. They are part of some official stuff, so I cannot modify them while begging and pleading for weeks. These headers and libraries are located here /long/official/path/to/include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
0 Replies

6. Programming

Library problem - not compiling in c

Ok I was trying to test if I installed correctly gsl, I followed the INSTALL file and still I don't know what is wrong. Here is a sample code to test gel,I got it from Random Number Generator Examples - GNU Scientific Library -- Reference Manual (note: made a few changes in the code) #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
2 Replies

7. Programming

MinGW - Trouble Compiling Guile

This question is not about programming but compiling with GNU GCC/Make. I am not on a UNIX machine but am using the UNIX-like environment MSYS with MinGW for compiling. The problem that I am having is that I cannot get guile to compile. For some reason it cannot find libltdl which is part of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deluge
3 Replies

8. Programming

Symbols not found for architecture: trouble compiling with C++

Hello, I am writing a program which relies on some heavy astronomy calculations, so I am using libnova c++ astronomy libraries => libnova: libnova. I started off with a simple program to make sure everything compiled ok (below) //Simple example program to test Libnova C++ class libraries ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library

First of all -- thanks for being patient with me. I hope I'm submitting this correctly. Also I haven't done UNIX Admin since the early 1990's. I'm actually a DBA. But, since I'm the one in the office with the UNIX experience, I'm the SA. I haven't been able to compile GCC 6.3.0 which I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
9 Replies
PLISTBUDDY(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PLISTBUDDY(8)

NAME
PlistBuddy -- read and write values to plists SYNOPSIS
PlistBuddy [-cxh] file.plist DESCRIPTION
The PlistBuddy command is used to read and modify values inside of a plist. Unless specified by the -c switch, PlistBuddy runs in interactive mode. The following commands are used to manipulate plist data: Help Prints this information. Exit Exits the program. Changes are not saved to the file. Save Saves the current changes to the file. Revert Reloads the last saved version of the file. Clear type Clears out all existing entries, and creates root of type type. See below for a list of types. Print [entry] Prints value of entry. If an entry is not specified, prints entire file. See below for an explanation of how entry works. Set entry value Sets the value at entry to value. Add entry type [value] Adds entry with type type and optional value value. See below for a list of types. Copy entrySrc entryDst Copies the entrySrc property to entryDst. Delete entry Deletes entry from the plist. Merge file [entry] Adds the contents of plist file to entry. Import entry file Creates or sets entry to the contents of file. Entries consist of property key names delimited by colons. Array items are specified by a zero-based integer index. Examples: :CFBundleShortVersionString :CFBundleDocumentTypes:2:CFBundleTypeExtensions Entries may be of the following types: string array dict bool real integer date data OPTIONS
-c command Execute command and exit. By default, PlistBuddy will run in interactive mode. -x Output will be in the form of an xml plist where appropriate. -h Print the complete help info. EXAMPLES
Set the CFBundleIdentifier property to com.apple.plistbuddy: Set :CFBundleIdentifier com.apple.plistbuddy Add the CFBundleGetInfoString property to the plist: Add :CFBundleGetInfoString string "App version 1.0.1" Add a new item of type dict to the CFBundleDocumentTypes array: Add :CFBundleDocumentTypes: dict Add the new item to the beginning of the array: Add :CFBundleDocumentTypes:0 dict Delete the FIRST item in the array: Delete :CFBundleDocumentTypes:0 dict Delete the ENTIRE CFBundleDocumentTypes array: Delete :CFBundleDocumentTypes EXIT STATUS
PlistBuddy command returns a zero exit status if it succeeds. Non zero is returned in case of failure. Mac OS X February 19, 2007 Mac OS X