Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to log all file that has been move,chmod,chown? Post 302876522 by nikki1200 on Monday 25th of November 2013 07:54:22 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Thanks Sir jim mcnamara.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to untar then chown, and chmod

I'm changing (trying to anyway) a script that will need to unrar a file, this file will create a directory with files in it. Then I need to change the owner ship and permission on that directory. Finally, I will rsync the directory to another machine. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/bash ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walkerl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

use a file to chmod

Hi! I need help becouse I've server to backup and I've a lot of files with 700 permission and I need to change the mode to 755 before copy So the point is. With find . -perm 700 -exec echo {} > textfile.txt \; I got a text file with 3156 line which one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod of remote file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. umask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission by chmod

Hi, I have a typical problem. Consider the scenario: Folder1 ------> Folder2 ------> File1 ------> Folder3 Above is my folder structure, currently the user group "other" has no permissions. I wish to give "read" permission for "others" to File1 using a single command. chmod -R... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: <file>: Not owner on Solaris 9

Hi, on a Solaris 5.9 machine no user except for root is able to use chown. for exmaple: > touch iamgal > ls -la iamgal -rw-r--r-- 1 galtest1 other 0 Dec 19 08:40 iamgal > chown galu iamgal chown: iamgal: Not owner I have checked about /etc/system and rstchown - it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

excluding a directory with chown, chmod

does anyone know how to exclude a directory with chown or chmod? im trying to do something like this chown $username:$username $directory/* chown $username:$username $directory/.* chown $username:$username $directory and find $directory/* -type f -exec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: Read-only file system

Hi, I am logged in as super use and want to set owner of a root folder to a specific user. #chown -R user1:group1 /u01 This gives the message: chown: /u01: Read-only file system chown: lost+found: Read-only file system #ls -l drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Mar 21 16:42... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod working in sudo run script but chown isn't

My git user has permission in sudoers to run a wrapper script to move files into my webroot. Everything is working fine except for the chown line. After the script has run, the files ar still root:root instead of apache:apache. Scratching my head...:confused: #!/bin/sh echo echo "****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
4 Replies
GO::Utils(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    GO::Utils(3pm)

NAME
GO::Utils - utilities for GO modules rearrange() Usage : n/a Function : Rearranges named parameters to requested order. Returns : @params - an array of parameters in the requested order. Argument : $order : a reference to an array which describes the desired order of the named parameters. @param : an array of parameters, either as a list (in which case the function simply returns the list), or as an associative array (in which case the function sorts the values according to @{$order} and returns that new array. Exceptions : carps if a non-recognised parameter is sent get_param() Usage : get_param('name',(-att1=>'ben',-name=>'the_name')) Function : Fetches a named parameter. Returns : The value of the requested parameter. Argument : $name : The name of the the parameter desired @param : an array of parameters, as an associative array Exceptions : carps if a non-recognised parameter is sent Based on rearrange(), which is originally from CGI.pm by Lincoln Stein and BioPerl by Richard Resnick. See rearrange() for details. remove_duplicates remove duplicate items from an array usage: remove_duplicates(@arr) affects the array passed in, and returns the modified array merge_hashes joins two hashes together usage: merge_hashes(\%h1, \%h2); %h1 will now contain the key/val pairs of %h2 as well. if there are key conflicts, %h2 values will take precedence. get_method_ref returns a pointer to a particular objects method e.g. my $length_f = get_method_ref($seq, 'length'); $len = &$length_f(); pset2hash Usage - my $h = pset2hash([{name=>"id", value=>"56"}, {name=>"name", value=>"jim"}]); Returns - hashref Args - arrayref of name/value keyed hashrefs spell_greek takes a word as a parameter and spells out any greek symbols encoded within (eg s/&agr;/alpha/g) check_obj_graph Usage - Returns - true if cycle detected Args - any object perl v5.14.2 2013-02-07 GO::Utils(3pm)