Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove characters for sql query output? Post 302876496 by rbatte1 on Monday 25th of November 2013 05:59:37 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Might I suggest that you alter your SQL call to something like this:-
Code:
sqlplus -S <<-EOSQL | read col1 col2 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 
$user/$pass@$sid
set heading off
set pagesize 0

Your query here

EOSQL

This should get rid of much of the unwanted parts and (assuming that you have only one lines returned) will parse the output into values $col1, $col2, $col3, etc. for you to work with later in your script.

Using the format above hides the credentials from a ps command that anyone could be running. The two set commands turn off the titles and the page split respectively. The -S flag will prevent the output of the usual banner messages when starting SQL.

I hope that this helps. If I've missed the point, please post the section of code you are stuck with, including the SQL call.

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query's output in a variable

Hi, My requirement is : We are calling an sql statement from a UNIX session, and fetching data into some variables from a table .. now we are unable to access these variables from outside the SQL part. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Can you please share a code snippet which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh call_sql () { sql=$1 sqlplus -s $sqlparam_sieb <<EOF SET ECHO OFF; SET NEWPAGE NONE; SET SQLBL OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 2000; SET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign the Output of an SQL Query to a Variable?

Hi iam new to shell scripting how to declare variables as redshift query and I have to compare two counts by using if condition . ex:count=select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from tag; can any one help me . Please use CODE tags when displaying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam526
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script appending output of sql query

I am writing the following script to create the file v_out.txt. sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF CONNECT scott/tiger@orcl; whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set newpage 0; SET PAGESIZE 0; SET ECHO OFF; SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 100; set tab off; set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql query output count

Hi Team, below sql rerturn 20 records, the result set i am going to assign to one variable and it showing count is 1. and i don't use count() in sql query... based on count, i need to fail the script. No_of_step=`echo ${g_count} | wc -l` function gf_count() { g_count=`sqlplus -s... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
8 Replies
Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)

NAME
Data::Phrasebook::SQL - The SQL/DBI Phrasebook Model. SYNOPSIS
use Data::Phrasebook; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect(...); my $book = Data::Phrasebook->new( class => 'SQL', dbh => $dbh, file => 'queries.txt', ); my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => "Lance Parkin" }); while ( my $row = $q->fetchrow_hashref ) { print "He wrote $row->{title} "; } $q->finish; queries.txt: find_author=select title,author from books where author = :author DESCRIPTION
In order to make use of features like placeholders in DBI in conjunction with phrasebooks, it's helpful to have a phrasebook be somewhat more aware of how DBI operates. Thus, you get "Data::Phrasebook::SQL". "Data::Phrasebook::SQL" has knowledge of how DBI works and creates and executes your queries appropriately. CONSTRUCTOR
new Not to be accessed directly, but via the parent Data::Phrasebook, by specifying the class as SQL. Additional arguments to those described in Data::Phrasebook::Generic are: o "dbh" - a DBI database handle. METHODS
dbh Set, or get, the current DBI handle. query Constructs a Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query object from a template. Takes at least one argument, this being the identifier for the query. The identifier is used as a key into the phrasebook "file". A second argument can be provided, which is an optional hashref of key to value mappings. If phrasebook has a YAML source looking much like the following: --- find_author: sql: select class,title,author from books where author = :author You could write: my $q = $book->query( 'find_author' ); OR my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); OR my $author = 'Lance Parkin'; my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => $author, } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In the above examples, the parameters are bound to the SQL using the bind parameters functionality. This is more efficient in most cases where the same SQL is reused with different values for fields. However, not all SQL statements just need to bind parameters, some may require the ability to replace parameters, such as a field list. --- find_author: sql: select :fields from books where author = :author my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', replace => { fields => 'class,title,author' }, bind => { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In all instances, if the SQL template requested does not exist or has no definition, then an error will be thrown. Consult Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query for what you can then do with your returned object. For reference: the bind hashref argument, if it is given, is given to the query object's "order_args" and then "args" methods. SEE ALSO
Data::Phrasebook, Data::Phrasebook::Generic, Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query. SUPPORT
Please see the README file. AUTHOR
Original author: Iain Campbell Truskett (16.07.1979 - 29.12.2003) Maintainer: Barbie <barbie@cpan.org> since January 2004. for Miss Barbell Productions <http://www.missbarbell.co.uk>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2003 Iain Truskett. Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Barbie for Miss Barbell Productions. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the Artistic Licence v2. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-31 Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)