Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append server name to everyline? Post 302876321 by Don Cragun on Friday 22nd of November 2013 10:53:58 PM
Old 11-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydev
I am executing df -mP to see the disk utilization.
I would like to append servername also to each and every line.

Code:

df -mP |  awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6 }'

trying to add something like this

Code:

df -mP |  awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6","$hostname }'

to get the hostname along with the output but could not succeed .

Need help on this
Try:
Code:
df -mP | awk -v hostname="$(hostname)" '{print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6","hostname}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Append

I'm creating a script that counts the number of users currently online, then records that in a file called "log.txt" along with the time. Everytime the script is ran, the script appends the "log.txt" this is what I have: who|wc|cut -c6,7>>log.txt date|cut -c12-24>>log.txt After running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 801238429
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a ' to the $1 $2

Hi all , Iam trying to append a ' to the end of the $1 and $2 in the bellow example : awk '{print "exec upload" ,$1,$2,$3 "\ngo"}' so the output would be something like this : exec upload '444042 ','444042 ','919841037265' i am getting : exec upload 444042 ,444042 ,919841037265 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut columns in everyline

Is there a betterway to cut certain columns in everyline based on positions. Basically, I have a largefile and eachline is of 1000 characters and I need to cut the characters 17-30, 750-775, 776-779, 780-805 while do fptr=`cat $tempfile | head -$i | tail -1` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collect files from different servers to a single server and append them

Hi, I have script1.sh on 3 servers. I want to collect output report generated by them to a single server and append all the reports. Please tell me how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--Parsing out strings for repeating delimiters for everyline

Hello: I have some text output, on SunOS 5.11 platform using KSH: I am trying to parse out each string within the () for each line. I tried, as example: perl -lanF"" -e 'print "$F $F $F $F $F $F"' But for some reason, the output gets all garbled after the the first fields.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
8 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)