Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combining rows into columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining rows into columns Post 302876318 by Selva_2507 on Friday 22nd of November 2013 10:23:42 PM
Old 11-22-2013
I have tied the below,i knew there is some logic is missing, unable to capture it.

Code:
olddb=""
oldtb=""
while `read line`
do
DB=`echo $line | awk -F' ' '{print $1}'`
TB=`echo $line | awk -F' ' '{print $2}'`
CL=`echo $line | awk -F' ' '{print $3}'`
if [ $DB != $olddb ] && [ $TB != $oldtb ]; then
echo ${DB}..${TB}..${CL} >> newfile
else
col=$temp","$CL
fi
temp=${DB}..${TB}..${CL}
olddb=$DB
oldtb=$TB
echo $col >> newfile
done < column.txt

while displaying thefile,

i get output as below

Code:
Database1..Table1..col1,col2
Database1..Table1..col2,col3
Database1..Table1..col3,col4
Database1..Table2..col4,col1
Database1..Table2..col1,col2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining columns from different files

Hi all, I would be very grateful for some advice on the following. I have several text files. The files are experiment results with columns of data separated by white space. The files begin with several lines of header which are all preceeded by a comment character '#'. Each file has a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: iomaire
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining columns from different files

I have two files I need to combine. The problem I'm having is I need to only combine data from the second file in the empty spaces of the first. For example: file1 Data Field Data Field Data Field Data Field file2 a - Insert Data b - Insert Data c - Insert Data d - Insert Data... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: handband2
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining two text files as columns?

I have one space delimited file with multiple columns and one tab delimited file with multiple columns (They have the same number of rows). I want to basically combine these two text files into a new text file by column. How would I go about doing that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combining cat output and cutting rows

I have a file that contain the following. -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache" -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf" I want a shell script, so that after cat filename and apply the shell script I should get the output as follows. /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf ie cat filename |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining rows in a text file with a character limit

I have a file that contains several thousands rows. Here is an example. ^411912$ ^487267$ ^643776$ ^682249$ ^687737$ ^692328$ ^693767$ ^695483$ ^697289$ ^757411$ ^776688$ ^778953$ ^806123$ ^872262$ ^877877$ ^839837$ ^76666$ ^72018$ ^23330$ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinb_155
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Linux

[Solved] Combining columns from different files

Hey Guys & Gals, I am stuck with the following ; I have 2 text files, each containing 2 columns. My goal is to have a column from the 2nd file placed inbetween the columns in the first file. Basically the idea is, each address has a different name (but 1 name per address) but 1 address... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)