Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NetworkManager unhandled exception Post 302876316 by cooltoad on Friday 22nd of November 2013 09:56:02 PM
Old 11-22-2013
I need to rephrase my problem...
The network connection icon on the top right corner shows "no network connection" but I can see all the available wireless networks. With this I assume that driver is working fine and wireless connectivity is available without access point connectivity. Here is the output for iwconfig eth1
Code:
eth1      IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:""  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated   
          Bit Rate=144 Mb/s   Tx-Power:24 dBm   
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Managementmode:All packets received
          Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=-256 dBm  Noise level=-90 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

Then I assume it is the problem of network configuration. When I right click to Edit Connections... there are 3 tabs available for the selected connection: Wireless, Wireless Security and IPv4 Setting. The Connect automatically option is selected and for the Wireless tab I have set the SSID and Mode: Infrastructure. The security in Wireless Security tab is set to WPA & WPA2 Personal and the password is set. For IPv4 Setting tab Method: Automatic (DHCP) is set. With this configuration when I apply to connect it asks again and again for "Authentication required by wireless network" with WPA & WPA2 Personal and password information but failed to connect. The configuration files looks like this:
Code:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
# Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=no
HWADDR=08:ed:b9:e1:4d:ec

/etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain

/etc/resolv.conf
# No nameservers found; try putting DNS servers into your
# ifcfg files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts like so:
#
# DNS1=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
# DNS2=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
# DOMAIN=lab.foo.com bar.foo.com

I had disabled the SELinux and Firewall since SELinux was preventing NetworkManager (NetworkManager_t) "execute" to ./dnsmasq (dnsmasq_exec_t).

Another issue is that when I try to save the Network Configuration (System->Administrator->Network) after editing the wireless device configuration it exits with an unhandled exception...
Code:
Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.3.99.21
Summary: TBf6c835f4 NCHardwareList.py:482:save:AttributeError: HwWireless instance has no attribute 'type'...

Also I don't know what to set in Wireless Settings tab of wireless device configuration if I will be able to save it.

With Windows 7 on the same system (dual boot) I have absolutely no issue in wireless connectivity with the following settings.
IPv4 connectivity, Access Point, Security type: WPA2-Personal and Encryption: AES
Please help to configure the wireless connection. Thanks.

Last edited by Scott; 11-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

2. Linux

MMU exception

I hope to post in the right forum, otherwise I apologize for this. if a MMU exception is caused by a process which tries to access to other memory segment (out of its own address space) what the kernel does in this case ? maybe kernel kills the "bad" process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@

Hi, I am trying to understand the significance of the special variables $!,$@ and $? in perl. I have a code block as follows: eval { Code Segment 1: #authenticating to the remote server $ftpobj -> login($username,$password) or die "Can't login to $remote_host"; ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
12 Replies

4. Programming

Exception Handling C++

Hello All, I have a question ....which I am totally confused about! If I have a fxn foo in a program which returns a logical value. But it has a posssiblity to throw some exception. Now my exception handler returns a value as a string stating why the exception occured. But my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 7 exception

Hi all, An application works well under 2.6 but under 7 it gives TEXT_IO exceptions. (Is_Open, Check_Is_Open, Get_Line procedures). Any idea? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endoavour
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 11.4 networkmanager problem

I am a newbie to Suse linux and was trying to configure internet on my 11.4 suse linux system . I followed a post according to which i uninstalled my NetworkManger library . Later i realised that the real reason for wireless not working on my system was that my wireless driver firmware was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihatetoregister
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
Class::WhiteHole(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Class::WhiteHole(3)

NAME
Class::WhiteHole - base class to treat unhandled method calls as errors SYNOPSIS
package Bar; # DBI inherits from DynaLoader which inherits from AutoLoader # Bar wants to avoid this accidental inheritance of AutoLoader. use base qw(Class::WhiteHole DBI); DESCRIPTION
Its possible to accidentally inherit an AUTOLOAD method. Often this will happen if a class somewhere in the chain uses AutoLoader or defines one of their own. This can lead to confusing error messages when method lookups fail. Sometimes you want to avoid this accidental inheritance. In that case, inherit from Class::WhiteHole. All unhandled methods will produce normal Perl error messages. BUGS &; CAVEATS Be sure to have Class::WhiteHole before the class from which you're inheriting AUTOLOAD in the ISA. Usually you'll want Class::WhiteHole to come first. If your class inherits autoloaded routines this class may cause them to stop working. Choose wisely before using. White holes are only a hypothesis and may not really exist. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000 Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Class::BlackHole perl v5.12.1 2003-05-28 Class::WhiteHole(3)