Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file Post 302876300 by mecaka on Friday 22nd of November 2013 05:07:44 PM
Old 11-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Sometimes, 'file not found' can mean it can't find a library. Check that perl runs properly when you run it by hand.

But I suspect it really means what it says -- the file really, genuinely isn't there. Look very closely for typos.
Wow... Yeah, the actual filename was "getIDs.plx", my code said "getIds.plx", and the code I posted didn't have the 'g'... Thanks for pointing that out! Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to mecaka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a bash script using perl

Hi I m new to perl. I m trying to write a perl script that calls a bash script; does anyone have a script already that they can provide or help me out? Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnan786
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to sort a txt file

I am writing a script to write to and a sort txt file. After I sort the file I want to add 2 to each line of the file. My script thus far is #!/bin/bash cat > /ramdisk/home/stux/unsortedints.out COUNT=0 FILE =/ramdisk/home/stux/unsortedints.out for i in {1..100} do NUMBER = $ echo $NUMBER... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttyirc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call perl script problems

Ok, don't ask me why, but all calls to perl must be called by a shell script. Its really not ideal, but its what I have to work with. Calling it isnt the issue, its passing in the arguments. I have about 1000 perl scripts to call by a shell script. Right now, I'm executing the shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help: Shell script to call sql session with variables stored in .txt file

Hi, I need help in writing a shell script which can read data from a text file (Cancel_ID.txt) and then calls sqlplus session (Cancel.sql) with the first line parameter of the text file ("0322600453") till all rows are not completed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

10. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)