Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl for comparing numbers from previous lines in a file? Post 302876123 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 21st of November 2013 10:00:15 PM
Old 11-21-2013
How about:

Code:
my $file = "$WORK_DIR/tmpdata.asc";

open my $info, $file or die "Could not open $file: $!";
my %line;
local @ARGV = ($file);
my @temps;

while ( <$info> ) {
        my $x1 = $_;
        my @cols = split(" ", $x1);

if(@temps &&
            abs(@cols[3] - eval(join("+", @temps)) / @temps) > 0.5) {
            print "@cols\n"
        } else {
            shift(@temps) if (@temps > 3);
            push(@temps, @cols[3]);
        }
}

close $info;

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing numbers in a file

Hello, I'm searching for a quick method to read numeric values from a file or a defined variable and identifying the largest number. For instance if the following numbers are in a file or defined to a variable: 09192007 09202007 09182007 09172007 09162007 What "short" method could be used to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusk2dawn
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl how to move pointer to previous line in a txt file?

I have a text file that has blocks of text. Each block starts with ### and ends with End_###. I wrote a perl script to search a string from line 2 (ignore any line starts with ###) of each block if matched, need to print that whole block. According to the input file in below, it will print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a file and print previous lines from a particular point

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting and I have a problem. I have a file in which I have to search for a particular pattern say 'a' then from that line I need to search for another pattern say 'b' in the previous lines and thne print the file from pattern 'b' till the end of file. For eg: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umaislearning
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines in file

i have 2 files and i want to compare i currently cat the files and awk print $1, $2 and doing if file1=file2 then fail, else exit 0 what i want to do is compare values, with column 1 being a reference i want to compare line by line and then still be able to do if then statement to see if worked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh comparing current and previous lines

Hi, I am currently trying to work out how to compare one line with the last line I have read in via ksh. I have a file which has sorted output from a previous sort command so all the lines are in order already and the file would look something like show below. Each line has a name and a time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep lines from the previous day's file

I have files called printfile.log.1121, printfile.log.1122, etc where 1121 and 1122 are the date of the file creation. The file contents are like: ================================================================================ User = d_prod Env = d_prod Dir =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

8. Linux

Perl program to print previous set of lines once a pattern is matched

Hi all, I have a text data file. My aim here is to find line called *FIELD* AV for every record and print lines after that till *FIELD* RF. But here I want first 3 to four lines for very record as well. FIELD AV is some where in between for very record. SO I am not sure how to retrieve lines in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files with numbers and taking difference in third file

Hi All, I have two files in the following format, with numbers being defined under columns(described by a set of headers) and rows(again defined by a set of identifiers) 2013 2013 Make200 Make201 Merc BMW Jpur Del ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
9 Replies
valac(1)							       Vala								  valac(1)

NAME
valac - compiler that translates Vala source code into C source and header files SYNOPSIS
valac [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Vala is a new programming language that aims to bring modern programming language features to GNOME developers without imposing any additional runtime requirements and without using a different ABI compared to applications and libraries written in C. valac, the Vala compiler, is a self-hosting compiler that translates Vala source code into C source and header files. It uses the GObject type system to create classes and interfaces declared in the Vala source code. OPTIONS
--help --vapidir=DIRECTORY... Look for package bindings in DIRECTORY --girdir=DIRECTORY... Look for .gir files in DIRECTORY --metadatadir=DIRECTORY... Look for GIR .metadata files in DIRECTORY --pkg=PACKAGE... Include binding for PACKAGE --vapi=FILE Output VAPI file name --library=NAME Library name --gir=NAME-VERSION.gir GObject-Introspection repository file name -b, --basedir=DIRECTORY Base source directory -d, --directory=DIRECTORY Output directory --version Display version number --api-version Display API version number -C, --ccode Output C code -H, --header=FILE Output C header file --use-header Use C header file --includedir=DIRECTORY Directory used to include the C header file -h, --internal-header=FILE Output internal C header file --internal-vapi=FILE Output vapi with internal api --symbols=FILE Output symbols file -c, --compile Compile but do not link -o, --output=FILE Place output in file FILE -g, --debug Produce debug information --thread Enable multithreading support --enable-mem-profiler Enable GLib memory profiler -D, --define=SYMBOL... Define SYMBOL --main=SYMBOL... Use SYMBOL as entry point --nostdpkg Do not include standard packages --disable-assert Disable assertions --enable-checking Enable additional run-time checks --enable-deprecated Enable deprecated features --enable-experimental Enable experimental features --disable-warnings Disable warnings --fatal-warnings Treat warnings as fatal --enable-experimental-non-null Enable experimental enhancements for non-null types --cc=COMMAND Use COMMAND as C compiler command -X, --Xcc=OPTION... Pass OPTION. to the C compiler --dump-tree=FILE Write code tree to FILE --save-temps Keep temporary files --profile=PROFILE Use the given profile instead of the default -q, --quiet Do not print messages to the console -v, --verbose Print additional messages to the console --target-glib=MAJOR.MINOR Target version of glib for code generation --enable-version-header Write vala build version in generated files --disable-version-header Do not write vala build version in generated files FEATURES
Interfaces, properties, signals, foreach, lambda expressions, type inference for local variables, generics, non-null types, assisted memory management, exception handling HOMEPAGE AND BUG REPORT
http://www.vala-project.org/ AUTHORS
Jurg Billeter, Raffaele Sandrini. Man page written to conform with Debian by Marc-Andre Lureau. vala-0.8.0 13 April 2010 valac(1)