Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error when unzipping a file with extension .gz Post 302876079 by dhruuv369 on Thursday 21st of November 2013 03:37:13 PM
Old 11-21-2013
sorry but it did not work... I tried as below
Code:
busybox gunzip D_R_38957222_20111410.txt.gz

but i received the following error
Code:
-bash: busybox: command not found

I tried to do man busybox and it returned me description about the command. Should I be using anything else for bash? Not sure...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzipping .zip file on HP and Solaris

I am transferring a large .zip file (20 GB) from an NT server to HP-UX and Solaris servers. Originally I tried to use info-zip's unzip, but I found out pretty quickly that it does not support files over 4GB. Any suggestions on how to work around this problem? Different decompression utility?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading a zipped file without unzipping it?

Dear all, I would like to ask how i can read a zipped file (file.gz) without actually unzipping it? i think there is a way to do so but i can't remember it.. can anyone help? thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marwan
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Alter zip file without unzipping

I have some zip files. Every file has a "folder/xml file" inside it. Is there any way to change these zip files directly without unzipping them. I want to convert these zip files to "/xml file" (want to move the xml file/s one root up by removing the folder inside it.) Ex: -bash-3.00$ for file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _prasad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping latest zip file by name.

I have these zip files that come in with the same name, but different versions. We'll say: SQL_version2.zip SQL_version3.zip SQL_version2432.zip I was wondering if there is a single command (or even piped command, thus still making it a single command) that will let me unzip the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

7. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping .Z file in UNIX

Hi , How can I unzip a .Z file in Unix? Thanks and regards, Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)