Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error when unzipping a file with extension .gz Post 302876074 by dhruuv369 on Thursday 21st of November 2013 02:45:58 PM
Old 11-21-2013
My linux version is:

Code:
Linux version 2.6.18-348.3.1.el5 (mockbuild@x86-022.build.eng.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54)) #1 SMP Tue Mar 5 13:19:32 EST 2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzipping .zip file on HP and Solaris

I am transferring a large .zip file (20 GB) from an NT server to HP-UX and Solaris servers. Originally I tried to use info-zip's unzip, but I found out pretty quickly that it does not support files over 4GB. Any suggestions on how to work around this problem? Different decompression utility?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading a zipped file without unzipping it?

Dear all, I would like to ask how i can read a zipped file (file.gz) without actually unzipping it? i think there is a way to do so but i can't remember it.. can anyone help? thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marwan
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Alter zip file without unzipping

I have some zip files. Every file has a "folder/xml file" inside it. Is there any way to change these zip files directly without unzipping them. I want to convert these zip files to "/xml file" (want to move the xml file/s one root up by removing the folder inside it.) Ex: -bash-3.00$ for file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _prasad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping latest zip file by name.

I have these zip files that come in with the same name, but different versions. We'll say: SQL_version2.zip SQL_version3.zip SQL_version2432.zip I was wondering if there is a single command (or even piped command, thus still making it a single command) that will let me unzip the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

7. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping .Z file in UNIX

Hi , How can I unzip a .Z file in Unix? Thanks and regards, Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". After registering, your system can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server" or "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by Red Hat client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)